Wounds, limps, and complete limb disablement

Pengman19

Is there anything in the road-map to implement:
  • bleeding wounds (meaning, you have X amount of time to tend to the wound via bandages, etc., or you will eventually bleed to death)
  • limps, where if I strike an opponent in the knee (maybe not once, unless it's a powerful strike, but two or three times), they develop a visible limp which will slow their movement, etc.
  • limb disablement, due to excessive damage. Imagine unloading so many successive blows to an arm or leg that you 90-100% incapacitate that limb, where if it's a leg, they are literally hobbling and dragging their leg as they battle, or if it's an arm, imagine it's the arm they are holding their sword with, and they drop the sword, and the arm is hanging "lifeless", and they have to drop their shield in the other hand, in order to pick up their sword and continue battle.

Pengman19

@Madoc It should be noted that I think blood in this game is fantastic, and how it stays on gear, weapons, etc., is very lovely. Especially when you get someone good in the face and it sprays. Very satisfying :)

I recall a post discussing blood getting on environment, is that also still in the works? Thanks!

Pengman19

I hope it is. When I'm fighting someone with a shield, I often target their legs/knees. Would be nice to see them begin to hobble/limp around.

The Witcher

Supporter
i would like to see limbs getting cut off but not seeing enemies being unable to fight because of a limb injury it would make the game way too easy

Knave

Losing body parts when you fail is fun. Look at severance: blade of darkness.
When two saws appear on the walls and cut you in a half you know the game is telling you to get better.

Pengman19

Keep in mind, not to state the obvious, but there's a difference between dismemberment and crippled, and crippled and hobbled (crippled is essentially a more extreme degree of a limp).

Crippling an opponent's limb should be extremely difficult, and--with higher armor--essentially impossible. If you were to cripple someone, it would cause their leg to be 90-100% impaired. So, yes, it would be easier to kill someone who was basically dragging their leg around (or had an arm essentially lifeless), but it's more realistic, and the effort to cause such damage would be difficult/rare.

Limb dismemberment should be extremely difficult and rare, especially when taking into account armor, and should equate to death. Now, with that said, I don't think it should mean immediate death. What I mean is, you take off a guys arm, he should scream in agony, and maybe attempt one more swing as he collapses to the ground. Thoughts?

ChavaiotH

Crippling must be hard to realize with physical engine. Bleeding is a good idea. Especially when it makes you slower. Than you have to stop it and heal.

Pengman19

I'd be beyond satisfied with bleeding and hobbling. A crippled limb may be too difficult to implement, but I bet a visible limp, based entirely on damage down to knees, calves, feet, etc., is doable.

Pengman19

One example of a benefit to bleeding; I severely wounded a guy, and he ran away. It'd be nice to see a blood trail. And if you followed it, you'd eventually come to a guy in the corner of the room face down in a puddle of blood, or almost there and you can finish him off.

Lathspell

am I the only one who thinks this would be game breaking? maybe it would be more realistic, but for realism's sake if a character loses a limb by a bladed weapon then it would be a in-direct death...and for balance's sake, hammers and blunt weapons should be capable of break bones, in that case 2handed blunt weapons would easily torn spines in half, which is not very hard to land as first strike with a cudgel or higher.

making most of the game, one shot win...especially on early game, in result, harder to learn, more frustrating, and less fun IMO.

I think it should be available only as a finishing move when the character is near death/KO with the finishing strike beign capable of cutting limbs off, decapitating, or smashing skulls like Jon snow vs Styr...also it would be nice a cup de grace move when characters are knocked down and low health.

Bleeding is a diferent story it would be cool, and the bandage idea is great too

Pengman19

am I the only one who thinks this would be game breaking? maybe it would be more realistic, but for realism's sake if a character loses a limb by a bladed weapon then it would be a in-direct death...and for balance's sake, hammers and blunt weapons should be capable of break bones, in that case 2handed blunt weapons would easily torn spines in half, which is not very hard to land as first strike with a cudgel or higher.

making most of the game, one shot win...especially on early game, in result, harder to learn, more frustrating, and less fun IMO.

I think it should be available only as a finishing move when the character is near death/KO with the finishing strike beign capable of cutting limbs off, decapitating, or smashing skulls like Jon snow vs Styr...also it would be nice a cup de grace move when characters are knocked down and low health.

Bleeding is a diferent story it would be cool, and the bandage idea is great too

I get where you're coming from, but keep in mind that these weapons only can deliver such devastating attacks on people who are unarmored. Most of this game will be played, presumably, when you're armored and your opponents are armored. It is near impossible, if not 100% impossible, to cause limb dismemberment against someone in plate armor.

So, game breaking I don't think is an issue. If you're an armored guy and you come upon an unarmored undead, YOU SHOULD be able to cut his arm off after X successive strikes. You should be able to take off his head under the proper circumstances (type of wepaon, swing angle, velocity, etc.).

Lathspell

yeah, maybe it was too much saying, "most of the game" but as I said early game would be a one strike win contest...in result, harder to learn for 1st time players, more frustrating, and less fun IMO.

If you're an armored guy and you come upon an unarmored undead, YOU SHOULD be able to cut his arm off after X successive strikes. You should be able to take off his head under the proper circumstances (type of wepaon, swing angle, velocity, etc.).
this got me thinking though...

Hastur

It doesn't have to be one strike win...We can cut the apple between realism and game play's sake...We can always hit someone a number of times and past a certain amount of damage inflicted comes the possibility for dismemberment.

Hastur

So what would happen if your character lose an arm? Will you go one hand?
I don't know if you would still be able to fight, but Madoc said that if they do implement it, dismemberment wouldn't insta kill you fallout like but you wouldn't be able to recover from it and you would die pretty fast.

Lathspell

I don't know if you would still be able to fight, but Madoc said that if they do implement it, dismemberment wouldn't insta kill you fallout like but you wouldn't be able to recover from it and you would die pretty fast.
it would be faster and you get the same result as going to the main menu and start again...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.