The Leather Bustier---er, I mean Vest

All I´m realistically asking for is that the game at least acknowledges that not every piece of equipment fits everyone perfectly, which would already set it above other RPGs in that reagrd. Wheter they do this through flavor text (like the leather vest example) or by adding a point of encumbrance here and there, as long as it´s at least slightly present in the game I´ll be happy.
In that case there also should be separated armor pieces (which have a pair) - likewise gauntlets, bracers, shoulderpads, greaves - it could help player to custom his character in balance between his defence and maneuvrability (there's also a matter of weight balance of the whole character's body).

Don Kanaille

Insider
In that case there also should be separated armor pieces (which have a pair) - likewise gauntlets, bracers, shoulderpads, greaves - it could help player to custom his character in balance between his defence and maneuvrability (there's also a matter of weight balance of the whole character's body).
I´m not really sure how you made that conncection, but sure, why not... Though I have to admit, the only example of deliberately asymmetric armor that comes to my mind are the shoulderpads of some plate suits, mainly the italian style, where the left shoulder was even more protected than the right one. And that´s mainly for mounted combat. One has to admit, if assymmetric armor gave a noticable advantage in combat, it would probably have been much more common.

I´m not really sure how you made that conncection, but sure, why not... Though I have to admit, the only example of deliberately asymmetric armor that comes to my mind are the shoulderpads of some plate suits, mainly the italian style, where the left shoulder was even more protected than the right one. And that´s mainly for mounted combat. One has to admit, if assymmetric armor gave a noticable advantage in combat, it would probably have been much more common.
That's all my twisting mind play tricks with me... don't matter.
Well, yes, you're right! But this situation (of using asymmetric armor) can happen in several cases:
- if we are talking about buying armor pieces - some scrap-traders (or looters) can sell you different pieces of armor just because they find them in such condition;
- if we are talking about looting... undead and bandits aren't too sophisticated characters who will take care of the armor parts and their condition;
- there is also loot in some duns or monster's nests (which are the same) exists;
- BTW you can simple stole just one piece (in hurry) and run away before you've recognized that you don't grab another one... that could be real situation ;)
- or you could play some barbarian who wanna protect only his/her right/left hand/foot...

Don Kanaille

Insider
Well, yes, I get where you´re coming from: That it´s not exactly logic that items which come in pairs are also always found in pairs. But given that it´s not exactly desireable to only wear one piece of a pair, players would probably hardly make use of this feature unless in a clutch.
I wouldn´t mind it, but I have to admit that not even I, someone who otherwise would like to see food requirements and item sizes, sees the splitting up of pair-based items as desireable.
Probably because I expect to gain the bulk of my armor from craftsmen anyways and not from looting (talking about Sui Generis here).

That's not problem at all. There were separated armor (and clothes) parts in Morrowind, and they have their pair in inventory of trader, mostly.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.