Exanima 0.5.2 Released

Mikodzi

Insider
Ha ha ha. Misinforming us by calling the truth misinformation. You must work for the US government.
That's the way we insiders work - we filming fake gameplays videos, editing screenshots, spreading words about close alfa of Sui Generis and that they added to exanima elfs and tommy guns. Right Murf? =)

The steps and dashes themselves are the same but if it affects your timing and how you play it can have a huge effect, the exact interaction of momentum in your swings and body can really change how your character moves and swings.

That said there are some other notable differences as it is. Hold to dash allows dashing diagonally and rapidly changing direction before you fully commit to a step/dash which double tap does not.
I played most of the time on default hold to dasch option and I have to say it is really messy for beginner, my friend was really annoyed with that drunken movements.
Double tap is a lot easier but dashes are rather hard to do.
Maybe there is place for hybrid controls? For example I press RMB to activate dasch when hold mode.

Mikodzi

Insider
I don't care (I do actually care) about what's beyond that shinny blue portal, all I need is BOWS and ARROWS! :)
I want to hear that sound when zombies will fly like a ragdoll with my arrow in it's aye!

NachoDawg

I've been thinking about it, and I think that ranged weapons should change our reticle for direct aim. As in, instead of shooting in the direction you aim, you aim at exactly what you point at.

Pros:
- Can aim anywhere on the enemy with precision, like the opening of an open-faced helmet, or the legs under a shield

Con: Due to the 3d nature of the game, it could be easy to try for a head shot: The head leaves the reticle and the player shoots at the ground 2 meters next to the enemy. A gross, immersion breaking miss .

And a control system that goes with the rest of the current controls imo
"equip bow > combat mode > hold mouse button to aim, double tap to release"

If you regret knocking and pulling the bow then either release the left-click hold and wait for the character to lower his arms (this leaves adequate room for double tapping to releasing the arrow) or just move/do something and he'll abandon the bow-action.

And a control system that goes with the rest of the current controls imo
"equip bow > combat mode > hold mouse button to aim, double tap to release"
1 (ranged) tap to pull the string, then double tap to release arrow or tap to draw back
2 (melee) hold to LtR/RtL swings or double tap to overhead
IMO

UPD Ah, yes - can't wait what's beyound the blue portal

Last edited:

Mikodzi

Insider
I'll quote myself from other thread regarding Ranged Combat:
I'll propose my view of archery battle control set-up:
  • "tab" button enters battle mode (depends what kind of weapon is equipped)
  • left mouse click - pulls the bow string (longer you hold - harder it pulls \ it also drains your stamina)
    • release left mouse button - it shoots whenever it's directed
  • while holding left mouse button you can adjust degree of aiming (for long distance shots) by holding "alt" key (of "shift" or even right mouse button) and moving mouse up or down for making a wide or narrow angle.
And of course, bow aim should be fluid - you can target any part of enemies body while you aim cursor is on target.
On other hand....archery should be realistic and hardcore - so there should be no aim cursor at all, you can only point directions and rely on your skill.

NachoDawg

I could see both of those working. I guess it's mostly up to what the ranged-mechanic is going to allow. Free-aim vs direction aim and so on

NachoDawg

It really puts things in perspective when i consider that the worst thing in my life right now is this wait.

Huh, didn't know 5.2 came with a life coach/inspiration feature >.>

Iscandar

It really puts things in perspective when i consider that the worst thing in my life right now is this wait.

Huh, didn't know 5.2 came with a life coach/inspiration feature >.>
I am rearing to kill and plunder. I'm so ready to challenge Sir in full confidence then get rekt and have to come to terms with my own fragile human existence

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.