What weapons would you like to see in the game?

I still dunno...

The point of putting a ball on the end of the chain is to amplify the amount of force you can put into a swing, but if you make the chain shorter, you lose out on angular momentum, and if you make the shaft longer, you might aswell just use a pole hammer or it just becomes a normal flail. also there's like what... 5 real examples in museums?(possibility that this thing might not of had actually been used in combat often or at all)

EDIT: well I guess theoretically it(ball and chain) could be used as a shield killer if the point is to use the swinging of the ball to hit them from behind while the handle is blocked from the front
I get where you're coming from, but the reason I suggest short-chain flails is because it could be functionally similar to the bludgeons already in game. That is, it can use the same animations without any bad side-effects.
A short-chain flail would still be devastating, much more so than a regular mace, to the point that using anything with a longer chain would be overkill for most enemies we've already seen in game. And it could still work against shields if you're skilled with the flail, or lucky.

But, we want to go all out right? Hell yeah I want some crazy room-clearing homicidal wrecking ball on a two handed shaft. But that would require new techniques, new animations etc.

Syllabear3

It will get stuck everywhere. It will kill yourself. Shields would be completly useless (yeah more than now).
Pretty bad idea in my opinion.

I personally would prefer that the flail not even be entertained, as it was not a real weapon.

As for the physics of it, rotational inertia is nice, but you will not be able to accelerate the flail (rotational) more than any other weapon that you swing, such as a mace or morningstar. Moreover, once that ball hits, there is no force to drive it through, since there is nothing pushing it forward. In other words, perfectly impractical.

Here's a decent discussion on the topic; there is more if you look online, but this one is quite succinct.

https://www.publicmedievalist.com/curious-case-weapon-didnt-exist/

Pc Genie

I would like to see a few things added in as weapons for diversity's sake:

- Sickle (not on a long stick).
- Billhook (like the billhook polearm, but the short handled variant)
- Partisan (think of a sword but also a polearm).
- A few more swords, such as a broader bladed arming sword (Oakeshott type XIV to be exact) with better cut and worse thrust, or the opposite, narrower bladed swords that are better at thrusting.
- Clubs and cudgels (not the mallet 'cudgel', I mean a big club).
- War scythe (a sort of poorer polearm with an upright farming scythe blade).
- More knives and daggers with different characteristics.

I am not as interested in the flail idea however, but I'm not opposed to it either.

Boltersam

Parry daggers, lashes and punch daggers are all things I'd like to see eventually.

And, of course, a variety of less-lethal weapons for Sui Generis that aren't just bashy sticks. Mancatchers, as have already been mentioned earlier.

Whenever ranged combat's in, dipped arrows/javelins would be neat. Slap some demon blood on the tip, or wrap it with oiled rags and use your handy torch to set it ablaze. Then miss every shot because you have no idea what you're doing.

That kind of thing.

Wraith

Good morning all

- Chain with spade / blade at the end

- foil / fencing sword (a fencing guard would be welcome!)
- Katana, Naginata & full samurai armor set (in an oriental chest)

- powerful heavy shovel
- large shears

- large net
- large cape with hood (possibility of sending it on an enemy and possibility of camouflage)

- poison vial / acid vial

Dismemberment !!! (although it is not a weapon)

Cesco

I'm rooting for ranged and throwing weapons.
Capes would be a nice touch, really!

I'd like to have quality modifiers on weapons too, just alike protections. Was this supposed to be added within the procedural weapons update?

Wraith

Also the possibility of carrying the weapon on the belt or on the shoulder would be nice with the possibility of drawing it, and for certain weapons to strike at the same time

Bluhman

• Claws/Katars. Classes of weapons that can reuse the unarmed combat animations, and also help for builds that want to fight at extremely close range.
  • Parrying dagger for the offhand?
  • One-handed Hasta Spear
  • Farming Scythe
  • Crystal-powered weapon that can clip/phase through targets with a beam blade? Would be especially good at fighting off multiple enemies.
  • Pike. (Take the polearms of the golem factory enemies to ridiculous levels)
  • A combat torch: something that is in the main hand and is a competent weapon, but also emits light (probably could double up with that crystal beam weapon up there?) E:nevermind I found the zweihander in the latest level.

Last edited:

Ransom

the only thing I want are Flails
We actually do have a single kind of flail available in both the Dungeon & Arena, which is super awesome & ridiculously fun to use (especially when dual wielding). However, I think Bare Mettle is going to add procedurally generated flails some time within the next few updates, since they addressed the idea in a recent coffee diary. The sun will shine on flail users soon enough!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.