Warhorse Studios present sick engine!!!

Stahlin

Insider
Hi guys,

I just saw this vid. Don't understand a word, but damn it looks freaking good.
This is very close to photo realism (if this word exists in english).

Does anyone know which engine they use?

Stahlin

Insider
If you look at the games these guys have been involved in, I am pretty sure we are looking at a top notch game there...

This look combined with nice physics like Sui Generis...

We are looking at a bright future:)

EDIT: Someone on youtube told me they use cryengine 3, which has nice physics too .

EDIT2:
Some guy on youtube said:
It's a tech demo shown on a two-year old laptop with a "meh" graphics card using a modified version of CryEngine 3. Just a tech demo, not an early build of a game.

Madoc

Project Lead
Looks good but don't be deceived by the camera footage. Photo capture of games makes them look... photo.

I just took a couple of pictures of SG with my phone to show you what I mean. Yeah, they're terrible, this is a phone so the colours are completely off etc. which doesn't help but you should get the idea of how it can be quite effective if done right.

Psychomorph

Insider
Madoc has a point. The image quality can make things look differently, that's why I'm asking for a very high definition video of SG (at some point in the future).

The engine they use is Cry Engine 3, says Wikipedia. No surprise it looks good and they seem to give it an even more photo realistic touch.
Wikipedia also says that it is an open world RPG set in historical medieval Europe.

Reactions: Rob

walltar

Insider
Yes as Psychomorph said it is Cry Engine 3. They modified it to siut their needs. It is only tech demo ... they just showing their level of technology. It is one scene which was made in about 4weeks. I think that game should be from Hussite times (1369–1415) It is not much known about it but i think that it is biggest czech game project except for new Arma.

Rob

I didn't know about this project, so thanks for the link!

The graphics look good, but nothing revolutionary that other games haven't already done. However, given that the demo is pre-development, it looks good! This will be a good one to keep an eye on every now and again as development progresses!

Of course, it's not uncommon for games to claim to be fantastic (graphically or otherwise) way too early... remember the hype around the graphics of Two Worlds 2 a few years before it came out?

Oona

Insider
I heard about this. I'm curious to know what it's about! So glad there's another RPG that seems worth checking out.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Check out the picture Madoc posted of a car, that has no effects, type in photorealistic mod in youtube, and you'll find a load of mods for crysis, gta and the big games, its like using a really good Instagram effect.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.