Useless door

Is this door supposed to do or mean something? It seems that the inhabitants of this castle/dungeon want to keep things out which would make sense as this is like an entrance barricaded, but who would barricade like this? And the door does absolutely nothing.

Attachments

comham

Supporter
I assumed it was an attempt to contain the zombies in a deeper part of the fortress, and that it failed. Or maybe there's something even worse in the depths.

SergeDavid

Insider
We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums...drums in the deep.
I tried writing something better, but this encapsulates the exact ideas I get off of this image. In their folly they've delved deeper and deeper into the mountainside to squelch their greed. But they dug too deep, too greedily and awoken something that should have laid undisturbed. Now all the could do was abandon their mines and bar the gate, but where they too late to seal in what was uncovered?

I really hope that door leads to a staircase to a lower level where the walls become less finished and eventually open up towards a cave system. Hopefully even an alternative way out into the bottom of a valley or ravine.

RobG

Insider
In their folly they've delved deeper and deeper into the mountainside to squelch their greed. But they dug too deep, too greedily and awoken something that should have laid undisturbed. Now all the could do was abandon their mines and bar the gate, but where they too late to seal in what was uncovered?
case in point as why we should have a user generated library/lore in SG :p

seriously though dude, write more of this so I can spend my life reading it please....

SergeDavid

Insider
case in point as why we should have a user generated library/lore in SG :p
seriously though dude, write more of this so I can spend my life reading it please....
Thank you, I do have a compilation of them http://knolif.com/stories.html encase you haven't seen it on the insiders forum. I just can't seem to find as many threads that motivate me as I don't know enough of the lore to work around it without feeling foolish for contradicting any of it.

Isn't that from Lord of the Rings? Or just similar
The quote is, the rest is something I typed up in line with the same theme.

The documents seem to be hinting toward keeping things our and going to a retreat(the dungeon) that was already built. All the workshops as you will notice are for building the wooden barricades which seems to imply that the area was already built as not already obvious by the age of the castle/dungeon. another thing noting the spot you start, you seem to of had dropped through the roof, bricks strewn about, dirt pile under you and the torch near your head. There also seems to be no indication that that door was ever opened forcefully due to it's appearance, and the fact that the surrounding areas are entirely undamaged. Also, there are no mining spots anywhere. at all. Not even shovels. or pickaxes. or anything of the sort to indicate that mining ever took place. And perhaps this isn't even a dungeon at all, just a castle with no windows and tall ceiling. Maybe the random spots of light with no source is light from the sky.

Sorry for not formating

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.