Unfair Exanima

Huku

(Sorry for bad english, it isn't my native language). Hi guys, this thread is about damage dealing and some weapons body contact stuff, Ive noticed that sometimes when im really close with npc my sword just slip on his body and npc takes no damage, but npc doesn't have this problem, every time when i touch npc weapon even in situation like this I taking damage. And second problem, damage, npc with little touch of spiked club can take half of my hp, but npc also can "block" 3 blow with own head (yes, im sure the hits was real becouse of blood), I know this game should be hard (im not a moron i complete both arenas, final boss at expert at first try) but this game should not be unfair mario. And last question, what did you guys think about enemy health bar? I think there's should be visible enemy health bar.

RobG

Insider
Personally I love that we don't get an enemy health bar, it adds to the thrill of the game for me at least but I know others think differently. If you are smacking them on the head and seeing blood then you are doing damage, he isn't blocking, and the enemies follow the same rules as you for doing damage you just need to be careful not to get into too close a range with some of them (the cleaver and the spiked club can be a really nasty if you get too close try to stay at a good range when you fight them)

Don't give up friend! many people (including me) have felt frustrated with the game at times the key is to learn from what isn't working and adjust your strategy when its needed, you will get better at avoiding damage (especially if you are good in the arena) and knowing how to kill zombies quickly with nice hits.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Enemy health bar i definitely don't want, some people don't even want to see their own health bar haha.

The Npc's play by the exact same rules as you and simulate the same controls, they don't have artificial boosts to damage or life. Npc's playing by the same rules is core to the game. More difficult opponents equals better AI and equipment.

RobG

Insider
I wouldn't mind like a 'bloodied' state maybe with drips of blood or something like that to signify 25% hp left or something similar, but for me at least, a bar would take away from the game rather than add anything.

Huku

Only reason for health bar idea was this Im sometimes not sure if enemy takes any damage, you guys have right, visible health bar could harm climat of the game, but sometimes game seems to be really unfair,
especially with this situation when my weapon just slip (I hold lmb) and im not sure did I harm enemy or not. RobG in your last post you completly resolved health bar thread.

Anuri

This could occur when you are not inflicting any impact damage and can't cut through armor as well

ZaratanCho

Insider
You can rely on blood sprays and more so on the opponents screams/grunts to judge if you have caused damage. Though you should know in general if your swing was good and if it landed properly just by looking, to judge harm done.

Pretty sure there will be improvements in seeing more wounds on enemies and things like that as well. Which will be cool.

puksus

Hate idea about health bars. But in "Die by the sword", as i remember, you could toggle on an option to show health bar. Same could be done here. But in DBTS health bar was really needed to be shown, but here it would be ugly in whatever form, be it an aura or a green/red line.
The game would then look like some <bad thing> as wow and other mass producted <bad things>.

EDIT
touch of spiked club can take half of my hp
Yeah, i also noticed this <bad thing>. The damage sometimes behaves strangely.

RobG

Insider
Aside from the look of it, it would make negotiating combats so rudimentary and dull knowing the exact hp of everything and attacking the 'optimal' target or running because you are losing a fight, having to make these decisions without the full picture adds so much tension and suspense to the game as it is.

Huku

So, I agree health bar wasn't really good idea but I think they still should work on the combat, combat still have a lot of bugs, sometimes hits are blocked by the air, sometimes hits are not blocked at all even if the enemy hits us right in our weapon ready to block and others minor bugs.

Bergzwerg

air has no hitbox - it must have hit SOMETHING.
blocked hits dealing damage is due to the angle at which the hit got blocked, axeheads in particular like to go around the block as far as i can tell. might be wrong here though.

don't blame everything on bugs, especially not in exanima where so many factors play into a hit :p

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.