Types of loot?

Omenov

Insider
What types of loot does everyone want to see? Just weapons/armor or coins/silver/gold or just some interesting things to sell?

One thing I remember from my old adventuring days was ultima 4 I believe it was...if you could grab it it was yours... I spent hours robbing the town and trying to sell it back to them hah... But the best part was in the castle of lord British there was a armory behind some gated doors I looked forever for a way in...can't remember if I eventually got in or not but it was a great challenge. Or the timing of stealing the amulets off of a vendors table while he wasn't looking... If he saw you the guards came running! The idea that if you wanted to carry a clock you could or any knick knacks. There was food in that one as well so it gave more items to loot. I know no food in this one which I'm glad but what about any other loot items to look forward too? I saw in a video the player setting a scroll or papers on a table with books and such so there must be more things than just weapons and armor to loot.
Will there be the typical barrels to smash ala Diablo or things to look in like Skyrim ?
With the looking at the enemy I saw in videos and taking stuff from them it shouldn't be too tough to have say chests and barrels to peek in.

Tony

Insider
I think any loot that you come across or find will only be loot that would make sense in the first place. I don't think there will be random piles of loot just sitting around with the sole purpose of it being there so you can loot it. For example, if you enter a library located in a castle or large manor you'll be likely to find books, scrolls or maps. Or if you come across some wreckage of a ship on the coast you'll likely find whatever contents that would have actually been on the ship.

The devs have stated that the game is not focused on running around finding a bunch of meaningless loot that you haul back in order to sell it to random people. They want items in SG to have actual meaning and purpose. If you do decide to take something back it will be either something valuable or something you can actually use.

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
I also wanted to add that every item can be interacted with. So it is possible to loot anything but you must determine whether or not it will be useful or worth your time to haul it around.

(P.S. sorry for the double post. I clicked reply instead of edit :rolleyes:)

Omenov

Insider
That sounds great to me... Finding loot that makes sense to where you are is a wonderful change from the barrels and boxes of most games these days...everything being interactive is just the thing I liked about Ultima 4 and the others. To me it made the area feel real and each place you entered might have different stuff in it so you were inclined to look everywhere. Too many times in ISO games I've played in the past I would get tired of the same old loot and would just bypass crates and such and only look for the mobs that dropped new stuff. This game will hopefully give me back that real world feel that has been lacking for far too long. Never played UO but the old ones had a certain feel of adventure I miss.

Komuflage

Insider
I would like that more or less everything that you could realistically carry, could be looted; a watch, stone on the ground, a glass, books, stick and so on. Doesn't matter if it got a real purpose or not, If I want to carry around a stick, then why stop me. Maybe I'm personally attached to that stick?

Nonetheless, I would hate to see random barrels and boxes filled with loot. I just hated how in Oblivion you could walk around all the imperial city just opening boxes and take whatever was inside. On a side note I would hope that NPCs actually react when you take something. If there now is to be a couple of barrels/boxes filled with supplies at the docks, then I shouldn't just be allowed to go and take it without anyone (including the guards) caring.

Leo

Insider
I would like women to be my loot and soldiers. It would be great if after winning a battle some soldiers would join me in my travel. Hopefully with a limit that is NOT TOO SMALL so that i can have my mini army. Other than that a house or a palace would be great loot.

Let us not forget the woman some wives would be fine as well as some maids and obviously some female soldiers along my side. The woman may remain in the looted house or come along with me in my travels. I am hoping to find these as people who i rescued or i helped or where impress by my skills or i tricked them to follow me or they just simply like me and decided to come along like in the real world

Technologies and knowledge are also a very pleasant loot in the medieval age so definitely some sacred books and other rare technological tools that are useful such as a telescope.

Last edited:

SergeDavid

Insider
I've finally made it out of those detestable tunnels, the light of day has been too much for me so I must wait at the entrance until nightfall. My last piece of Hardtack barely stopped the gnawing sensation in my belly, it feels almost as if my stomach is eating me from the inside out. I've taken up muttering to myself, its the only thing to stop those ever closing eyes down the passage that just wait for me to go to sleep. I can't though but I know they are there, waiting for their revenge for their fallen brethren.

The light outside has dimmed, it should be safe to head out now, i must. The gnawing or the eyes will get me if I don't. The fresh air is invigorating, indeed it is but it isn't enough to sustain me. There is no sign of human life on this part of the island nor edible food, at least I am sure they did not follow me out, they can't stand the sun like I couldn't.

FOOTSTEPS! I know those are footsteps I hear and just on the other side of my bush. He appears to be alone however, maybe it is a bandit. I can't let him get me, I'll get him first!

The fool never saw it coming, a plump one he was, yet no food to be found when I searched his body. He probably ate it all anyway, yes, he never knew this agony in ones guts. I've already gone a week on little more then crumbs what I need is Meat, oh to have fresh meat in my mouth. He doesn't need it anyway, does he? He isn't using it anymore the fat slob, and he even gave me a nice pan to cook it in. Juicy it'll be, all I have to do is carve the bits I want and this endless gnawing will go away. Oh yes, it will be gone soon my dear dear fat friend.

Avramovic

Supporter
I'd like loot to be LOGICAL - hobos drop copper pennies and rags, bears drop... bear meat (perhaps a piece of honeycomb or a salmon :p), soldiers drop sidearm and/or armor piece... and so on. No gold on giant spiders please, unless there's a viable explanation (devoured sods had gold in their pockets, yeah, I'll buy that...).

turtleman155

Insider
the loot is realistic as the npcs only drop what they are carrying for instance kill someone take their armour and perhaps a key to their house and some coins.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.