Thoughts and Ideas General

Siege

Supporter
I liked the coloring, it was a nice touch.

Mounted combat would be an exciting feature to play with, although I haven't the foggiest idea how difficult it would be to implement. Another idea, and one that has been touched on but not outright stated, is skill synergies. Consider 3.5 D&D, when raising one skill high enough would give you small bonuses in other related skills.

Finally I would like to chip in my support for the idea of a storytelling multiplayer mode, kind of a pen and paper "DM and players" setup.

Siege

Supporter
Agreed. He was just trying to make a long message easier to read, and regardless of whether he succeeded or not there's no reason to attack him. I approve of the pun :D

As for the intended topic of the thread, I haven't had time to check all the forums and see if this feature has been announced/discussed, but the the ability to blend thaumaturgic effects together would be entertaining. If not properly balance such a feature could potentially be game breaking, however.

Manimal

Insider
I don't know if it's planned , but tavern's bare hands fights could be nice !

i want to make money by breaking people nose,if i can be drunk doing it , it's better (you already have the drunken animations so it's easy to do :p )

i hope there willl be dragons and epic monsters too !

and a telekinesis power , like you take a chair or a rock or anything else to throw it on the ennemies , with the physic could be great !

BlackCore

Insider
reposting this from another thread:

Finisher moves, for example a boss fight against a golem to which at that end of your life he grabs you and rips your head off, or puts you to the ground and crushes you (while the character is begging/pleading not to die).

Finishers that would be memorable (for some reason lord of the rings comes to mind).

Kale

Insider
*Notoriety Quests
*Honor Quests
Can't say about the rest but I really would not hope for this. While that sounds kind of cool... it's so black and white, and rarely anything in the world is that black and white. Regardless of what you do, you'll probably piss off somebody, some of them may not matter too much as they might be the lying kid in the barn or a slave about to be executed, but you'll never really make everyone happy.

That.... in a way, to me, is almost as bad as Dragon Age's (and it's a growing list, I assure you) choosing between a prick or a dick, you don't really win, you just compromise with the one that offend you the least.

Tony Dye

Insider
The problem with idea is that it isn't granular enough. We want to get all the way down to the individual level in as many cases as possible, in terms of how your actions change the impression NPCs have of you. Coupled with the concept that NPCs have their own goals, it'll be a rare action indeed that is universally regarded as positive or negative. I honestly can't think of any plot idea I have now that would be regarded in such a way.

Chedburn

Insider
How is skilling up / levelling up going to work?

I personally love the grinding aspect on RPG's and levelling up to inconceivable abilities. Although it doesn't really feel as important when only you are seeing it. That's why I love MMO's rather than single player RPGs. I'm surprised sui genres isn't taking this route as it greatly increases enjoyment and nullifies pirate copies, + you can charge a small monthly subscription.

I'd quite like to see you upgrade your actions 'behind the scenes' the more you use them .. I.e.

Strength : Hitting enemies increases the damage you do.

Force : Swinging at enemies will increase your force, allowing you to make blows with more power behind them.

Stealth : Crouching or hiding in dark areas increases your stealth ability.

Encumbrance : Fighting with heavy armour increases this skill allowing you to move faster.

Parry : Blocking attacks with shields increases your defence and ability to disperse enemy force.

Quickness : Simply running around will slowly increase your run speed.

Fire : Using fire spells increases your damage with them.

E.t.c. Could easily have a list of 20 skills.

These stats could level up one by one, or be completely invisible to the player and they'd just feel a constant progression themselves.

I feel the stats would need to have an unlimited cap, meaning you could (if there were enough mobs) get these abilities to infinite strengths. The improvements would certainly be felt and noticed early on in the game, but with a steep exponential decrease as you use them more and more.

Garuul

You must take into consideration that there must be equally negative effects to those skill increases. For example, if you were to increase running speed by just constantly running, what is stopping people from setting up a macro to run in circles?

Skills should only be increased during engagements or specific tasks. Simply running or crouching in dark areas would be a terrible way to implement skill improvements, that could be so easily exploited.

To should also be a stat cap for the likes of movement speed. This is not one of your silly asian MMORPGs that allow you to run at the speed of sound.

Chedburn

Insider
Of course, there are algorithms to make it work and steps to take. For instance, only allowing a certain amount of quickness skill to be gained after killing a mob. But at the same time, if it's single player, why worry about macros? And why would users even macro that anyway? If you're worrying about macroers, you'd have to have anti-cheat protection too, which would be impossible if it's all running clientside. (Another bonus of MMORPGs).

Perhaps I didn't explain properly, what I meant was a cap set by exponential decrease in skill gain. So theoretically it is infinite, but realistically impossible to... for instance run faster than 50%. The infinite skill gain is what keeps me playing most games instead of simply getting to the cap and then instantly stopping the game.

And no, I've never played a "Silly asian MMORPG" which lets you run any faster than real life. I admire the extreme realism in Sui, but understand there's also magic and mythical creatures.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.