This game could use a community manager

Pengman19

I personally think this game needs more media content online, and more frequent information to generate (and maintain) interest in fans (specifically acquiring new fans).

I think it would be great if this game had a community manager that did the following:

1) Obviously active on the forums, answering questions that the devs are too busy to get to, administering polls, soliciting questions for the devs, etc. Basically a middle-man for the devs, so they can focus more on working on the game
2) Weekly YouTube videos that delve into specific aspects of the game (how to videos, sneak peek videos of upcoming additions, features, etc.)
3) Monthly YouTube videos where specific devs are interviewed, sometimes answering questions compiled from the community, other times more behind the scenes things like -- for example -- a whole video focusing on sound effects, music, etc. w/ Bethain Lee-Lewis, other times talking to Madoc, Kieran, etc., where he gives a sneak peek of upcoming features/additions to the game, etc. Maybe every now and then a round-table discussion with all the devs, discussing the state of the game

What do you guys think? I mean, c'mon, their last YouTube video was posted a year ago :)
If this game had a dedicated community manager to create content it would be a really good thing IMO. Surely there is someone on these forums who lives near the devs and can take on this role.

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
Hmm creating YT vids of the devs being interviewed live may be an issue since Sheng lives in Malaysia, Madoc and Agnes are in Italy and the rest are in the UK. However, I do plan on creating monthly written progress reports that go over what Bare Mettle have been working on with possibly some screenshots although BM do prefer to avoid spoilers (they think it's best for the player to first experience content in-game).

Pengman19

Btw, I just found out that BM do have a community manager. Is that you Tony?

Also, I understand that, being a small team, small resources, etc., hard to have a dedicated employee who creates a lot of content.

Tony

Insider
Btw, I just found out that BM do have a community manager. Is that you Tony?

Also, I understand that, being a small team, small resources, etc., hard to have a dedicated employee who creates a lot of content.
Yes, I'm currently the only community manager (non-paid). I work another full-time job and do the community management/moderation for BM in my free time.

Midcal9

Hmm creating YT vids of the devs being interviewed live may be an issue since Sheng lives in Malaysia, Madoc and Agnes are in Italy and the rest are in the UK. However, I do plan on creating monthly written progress reports that go over what Bare Mettle have been working on with possibly some screenshots although BM do prefer to avoid spoilers (they think it's best for the player to first experience content in-game).
I though at least 4 of them lived in Italy. God damn it, how can you even properly come up with cohesive plan on how to complete a project when all you've got is skype and discord.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.