Sui Generis vs. Exanima

DoubleDHZ

I was thinking about buying Sui Generis on Steam. Since I only found Exanima there, I did a little research and came up with the following from the homepage (http://www.baremettle.com/home/):

SG itself isn't ready for release yet but as a prelude we have just launched Exanima, a standalone dungeon crawler set in its underworld.
To get this straight, Exanima is just a small part of SG?
And since it is a separate product (standalone), I'm not buying SG, but have to buy it separately, once it is released. Is that correct?

RobG

Insider
yes correct :) Exanima is set in the same world as SG and Exanima is (I think) about 20 years previous to the time frame of SG. Exanima is its own game though. Welcome to the forums!

Bullethead

To get this straight, Exanima is just a small part of SG?
And since it is a separate product (standalone), I'm not buying SG, but have to buy it separately, once it is released. Is that correct?
Welcome aboard!

Anyway, I think of Exanima as early access to SG. Exanima is its own complete rogue-like game as it stands and is quite fun and engaging if you're into its features. I find it a refreshing change from the Diablo clones and FPFS (1st person fantasy shooter) things like Skyrim. But it's also a testbed for SG features. As the devs make SG stuff they think is fit for public consumption, they drop it into Exanima. I expect the combat system to undergo numerous tweaks between now and the release of SG, and certainly we'll have more skills to play with than at present.

yes correct :) Exanima is set in the same world as SG and Exanima is (I think) about 20 years previous to the time frame of SG. Exanima is its own game though. Welcome to the forums!
Whew, that's a relief. I was afraid SG would start with Exanima and go from there ;).

theonciest

Kinda don't want to buy two games if I really only want to play Sui Generis lol

Stupid question, but will Exanima feature multiplayer? Or is it only Sui Generis?

Stupid question, but will Exanima feature multiplayer? Or is it only Sui Generis?
Hopefully both. It makes sense as both are the same game, just that exanima is a prelude, and "dungeon" while Sui-generis will be open-world

Tony

Insider

Multiplayer PvP and co-op via LAN (and possibly low latency online) are planned for both games.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.