Suggestion for change to RMB/LMB function in combat

damwa

Regarding controls: I might suggest, an alteration to the control scheme. Currently, initiating a swing from the left, requires positioning of the cursor before pressing LMB, which to me seems "inconsistent" in the sense, that this breaks the pattern of control. I would rather suggest that the LMB and RMB respectively would initiate attacks from the right or left side, otherwise performing the same function (as eachother). The current use of the RMB for "driving" seems to be redundant in combat - I couldn't say if anyone else is using it, but I certainly am not - and the suggested scheme of left/right attack - to me - seems more intuitive. Cheers.

puksus

I would agree. Sometimes i use rmb to quickly run to better position when near the wall and surrounded by enemies, but it is "sometimes".
But if disable auto blocking and bind it to rbm with blocking relative to cursor - i would be even more happy.

NachoDawg

but RMB is always used for walking, even in Combat Mode. Changing the use of RMB in one scenario would make an even bigger inconsistency imo :)

damwa

but RMB is always used for walking, even in Combat Mode. Changing the use of RMB in one scenario would make an even bigger inconsistency imo :)
Well, I haven't walked myself to my death yet, so combat actions seem more crucial.
At any rate, I would suspect that most mouses have three (and generally more) buttons, surely one could have "walk" assigned to some other button. In essence, it isn't important to which *button* the action (swing from left) is mapped, but that it is made a separate function. In this case, one can remap at ones own leisure. It wouldn't even be necessary to remove the existing scheme - one could still have double swing on holding down mouse buttons and cursor movement for left swing.
The heart of my suggestion is; that swinging from the left or right, are such distinct attack patterns, that it makes sense that they should be *equally* accessible, and function in parallel fashion. Overhead e.g. is double-click (a mouse button manipulation) and does not require mouse movement either. I only suggest that the same privilege be granted the "left side swing", and it seems to me that this can be achieved without sacrificing other vital functions, or more significantly: without sacrificing player choice regarding other vital functions.

NB: The reason why I would *personally* consider LMB for left, and RMB for right swing, to be the most intuitive scheme should be obvious. With key-mapping enabled it doesn't really matter which key is used, but the fact that a function is inaccessible via simple key-press *is* significant.

Jest

I agree. Being able to bind attacks to individual buttons/keys would be so much more helpful.

Honestly I'd be happy if there were just a way to get rid of double-click inputs, or at least shorten the double-click input window. The game keeps doing overheads when I just want to reposition my arms or do simple feints.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.