Pillars of eternity (Formerly Project Eternity) GAMEPLAY teaser

Tony

Insider
Well, the thing is that they do not have a cheap tier with beta access key, but only the expensive ones do, starting with the collectors edition which gives you a lot of stuff in addition to 2 digital copies of the game.

Obsidian created their own gameplay mechanics, although based on D&D; we will see how it worked out.
I've played many D&D games in the past; Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, NWN 1 and 2, etc. I do not like dice rolls determining the outcome of combat. I like to have actual control over my character (like in Sui Generis). And the D&D games are very linear. You see the same characters and story every playthrough. There are slight variations based upon the choices you make but mostly they are insignificant. They are heavily scripted games that aren't very dynamic and combat is heavily determined by dice rolls and not actual player input. The world design is also very linear where you're forced to travel the same path and go to the same locations every time you play. Very little freedom to explore or adventure.

I guess I'm just burnt out on these types of games and I'm ready for innovation and something different. I can understand why this type of game would appeal to people who still enjoy D&D mechanics but I'm no longer interested in something I've played to death.

Vold

Insider
My favourite D&D based game was NWN1.

I played it on multiplayer for years, in full pvp servers. I had so much fun building characters, the possibilities were so vast with multi-classing in well balanced servers. Nevertheless, I still remember the feeling when rolling a 1 against a devastating critical, knockdown, stunning fist, or finger of death...

Although, I still can tolerate those mechanics, so I will probably give it a try. The genres that I no longer tolerate are the ARPGs and MMORPGs... grind, grind, grind... :confused:

Last edited:

Vold

Insider
I have seen some streams about the game and it looks buggy and unpolished as hell; more like an early alpha version. Probably worth it for the backers who have waited a long time for it, but I will pass. :p

Fawz

Insider

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.