Personal Project, a Sui Generis monster?

Sneil

Insider
Hello everyone, thought I'd post a little project Ive been working on and as you'll see is still a work in progress. I don't have any particular plans for the cyclops, just to fully texture, rig and animate the game res mesh. I might add it as a new monster for the Neverwinter Nights 2 online community if nothing else and Bare Mettle doesn't want to take him.:p I built up to this level of detail from a very low polygon level gradually increasing the size of geometry adding detail to each phase. I then retopologise the geometry to create a new and improved low polygon game res animation ready mesh.

I know it's probably not feasible to put this in as a monster race for Sui Generis (as I dont know the Sui Generis lore and an entire race has many shapes and sizes), but perhaps he could make a cameo appearance in a one off quest somewhere terrorizing a village, stealing their sheep and cattle or what have you and taking them off to his lair. I dunno, but if Bare Mettle wants him, I'd be honored to have him in their game. If not, ah well.:( :)

But regardless, I'll use this thread to post updates of my progress. This is my first time using zbrush so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Here's what I have so far... What needs to be done as far as detailing the mesh: Lips, ears, forearms, hands, neck(don't really like where I'm going with it atm), more of his back, legs/feet(haven't been touched in this phase yet as seen in the vid below) and just added detail to chest, here and there ect.

Hope you like, and if you have any feedback, advice, criticism, let me know.

Here is a High Definition video of the model so far as well. It's not streaming so you'll have to wait for it to fully download (363megs) but it's the raw original HQ 60fps vid so there is no loss in detail.:cool:
VIDEO

lmk what you think!

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Holy crap fudge nugget of a walking dog dump.

Bare Mettle release modding tools.

love it, just love it, great to see more creativity on this forum. It's truly a piece of art.

P.S I see back fat haha! :p

Very impressive, it's good to see someone being creative on the forums that isn't just fan art. Not that any of that is bad, I'm using one as a desktop. Anyway, who knows, I have the feeling that BME will release modding tools eventually, even if it's years after release. Then we can have a showdown between porky and your cyclops here!

Fawz

Insider
Looks pretty cool! I like how the cyclops is slightly deformed in most places and just feels odd, very fitting for a monster.

Sneil

Insider
Thanks for the positive feedback guys.:) Glad you like him. I'm torn about the face and neck atm and whether I over did it on all those wrinkles on his face. *shugs* Anyone else think there is just too much happening (too busy) with the face?

Again thanks for the positive feedback. Did some work on his legs and planning to work on his forearms and hands hopefully today before I head out of town this week for work.

Sneil

Insider
Dont think I'll get to the arms today like I was planning, but here's what I did on the upper legs yesterday. Click image to see better detail. Them legs gotta be powerful to hold up all that weight.:confused:

Sneil

Insider
Yea his midriff looks very marshmallowy atm, also I need to make his chest more fat looking then muscled I think. I think maybe he needs to be stretched out vertically a bit to. I fidddle around with it tonight.
You do you mean his legs need be bigger muscle wise or length wise?

Thanks for the feedback!

Sneil

Insider
Started painting the model. Still a WIP, face seems a bit fake.. May have over done it a little, but here's what I've got for now.

Here's another high res video of the model painted. 175Megs- VIDEO

Sneil

Insider
Thanks Fawz. It's coming. I added some more colour to the face and ears etc. to make it a little more natural.

Looks really nice. :) As for the colour, I'd think a bit duller (more grey) would be appropriate. If it spends a lot of time in caves (I don't know if it actually would), it might not look so sun-kissed.

Sneil

Insider
Hmm yea I guess I imagined him as an outside dweller, therefore getting a lot of sun and as a result a real tough hide-like leathery skin. As far as clothing, he'll have similar primitive attire of this Cyclops from Icewind Dale, which the above was actually mostly inspired from:

But that sort of thing can be edited to the texture itself easily via Gimp, which is a freeware Photoshop-esk program.

Sneil

Insider
Just a little more work on the upper body and some tweaking of the facial mesh. Was a busy weekend so didnt get much done. Nipples still to come and ignore the scar as I never really worked on it.

Still not sure Im overall happy with the skin, so Im sure it'll change. I'm trying to go for a very realistic feel, but there's a chance I'm making him a little too soft and not enough brute monster... We'll see.

Hands aren't done either and stilkl need more sculpting.

Komuflage

Insider
. I'm trying to go for a very realistic feel, but there's a chance I'm making him a little too soft and not enough brute monster... We'll see.
Hands aren't done either and stilkl need more sculpting.
Give him septum, (is this the English word for it) I've it, and ever since I got it people have been a bit scared, they often look frightened and quickly look away, and more than once have people gone over to the other side of the sidewalk, something I never saw people doing before I got it. Also, If I got my tartan (Might be wrong word again) pants and some chains, people in the checkout and bus drivers looks scared.

Sneil

Insider
Well perhaps a bone through the nose(like a longer tooth or claw), along with bone/claw necklace and bone earrings of some sort anyway. I think that would be quite fitting.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.