maybe a cool feature?

Lathspell

what about clashing swords in combat? I think that would make combat even better and more exciting, I don't know maybe it's possible maybe as a skill or as an event triggered in specific events in a fight., with comparing certain caracteristics like, level, stats, stamina, quality of the weapon and at the same time allowing the player to move the mouse to push away your enemy...don't know maybe it's absolute crap and will ruin the combat system...

Parco

i think its already somewhat in, if weapon clashing is added it have to be calculated on the force of the swing and how heavy the weapon is and the characters strength. if weapons collide the one with the weakest momentum/lightest weapon will be knocked away (how much is calculated by the weapons momentum/weapon weight in the clash) and how strong the character is (and the weapons weight) will determine how fast he can recover from that blow.

Parco

as i said i think its already somewhat in the game, but not in a flashy way as normally seen in other games/movies, so i guess many times it will look like a normal parry/sword block.
i believe it will not be a skill, but probably there might be some adjustments you can do to this area in combat in the mastery tree (if there will be one) like faster recovery time, heavier/faster blows, etc,...

Lathspell

that's cool but it seems that the player will have nothing to do with...what could add an interesting feature is allowing the player to control other aspects of the game, like clashing weapons maybe with moving the mouse or pushing repeatedly a key...and with stats and other attributes making it easier or harder, just imagine a orc knocking you down and then the orc want to set foot on your head, that would be cool to allowing the player to control the character's fate

I remember games like god of war, where giant enemies wants to eat you, crush you, so you have to push a button to put some resistance...

and as I said, when I think about it I say: "cool idea", and when I think it again i say: "nah it sucks" anyway as far as I know combat system it's mostly completed?

ZaratanCho

Insider
"pushing repeatedly a key" I don't like it, mashing a button to achieve something. It is ok in god of war, but god of war is nothing like SG. :D About clashing swords, it depends. Usually this happens very rarely in real fights. As Parco said "as i said i think its already somewhat in the game, but not in a flashy way as normally seen in other games/movies, so i guess many times it will look like a normal parry/sword block". Something like it might occur sometimes, we will see. But i whole mechanic like the ones you suggested I don't think will work well.

Parco

i think u can somewhat control it already, i might be wrong here, but in the pitch video he said the game will be easy to learn but hard to master so i believe u can time it if ur good, ur attacks can hit the opponents weapon when he also is attacking, so if youre able to hit his weapon with more momentum than his u will knock it away a little, if the momentum is about the same the weapons will clash and then it simply continues to the next attack.
i dont think there will be spam a button to overpower the opponent in a sword clashing duel, it worked perfectly well in a game like star wars jedi outcast, but for a game like sui generis it would most likely look a little bit silly :p

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.