Implementation of a stamina bar,a drop item key, uncomplicate arena management

Fdel

A drop all button.
It would drop what your holding in your hands (as if your open them fast)
Why?
Now that we have a second weapon slot, allied to the fact that the torch keep burning on the floor, it would make sense to drop it switch to weapon and chield or a 2 handed weapon. after the fight you get the torch back.

In the same mood of things, it would be nice that the torch is held high (above your head) in any hand, (weapon hand, off hand) as long your out of combat mode.
______________________________________-

I know this can make the game harder still but implement a stamina bar would/could be nice. (could be optional)

Right now we have:
"permanent" damage (red bar)
"temporary" damage" (yellow bar)
"Thaumaturgy bar" (blue bar)

Stamina could be green. (yeah i know it s skyrimnish)

Stamina is your hability to keep fighting even without wound, its fighting until you can t even lift your arm to punch, or defend, and the pain of the blow taken is less harass than defend yourself.
It until when you can run until you can no more, and have to stop
Its how fast the fight will bring the "air out of you".

Anyone that entered a ring know what i m talking about.
Any runner also known.

It would drain while you fight / run
Regenerate while your stay put walk. (even incombat, stop swinging, and it regenerate)
As you level up its drain slower and regenetrate faster.

Your wounded it shorten.
It would affect the effectiveness of your blows.

For the arena.
Shop:
Leave more or all the inept weapons as availiable, only them.

Make the slider work so all weaponry of lower rank are "allowed" so we don t have to equip and unequip lower rank weaponry on the correspondent rank UI just to be able to use them.

Example:
Imagine the folowing situation.
i m adept with adept gear in adept, and inept gear in inept, rank of the fight: inept. (rank of my adversary, tip and win $ irrelevant here)
Inept gear is underranked in the fight so permited.
I want to fight in inept gear (for whatever reason - challenge, fun, lack of gear, RPG, whatever)
Instead of selecting inept rank, wich will select my inpet gear, and jump into the fight without harass.
I have to equip my already equiped inept gear in the adpet rank.
If it wasnt enought, if i decide to fight an adept fight just after, i have to re-equip my adept gear all over again in the rank adept of the slider....
Double more time sink, more unrelated to the game fun actions....
Bothersome.
If the rank slider is in a equal or below rank than the fight rank selected, gear should aitomaticaly be accepted and you shouldn t appear naked.
I think its pretty obvious it make no sense.

Let see another option.
I m expert, all my ranks in the management screen are geared with their corresponding rank gear.
The ennemy is expert tier but the fight is adept rank.
But i have a sword a 2 handed axe in adept which i an t that good.
But my inept have a nice shield and mace with which i know i kick ass, and armaour aint that diferent in protection factor.
I would have to equip my inept gear in my adept fighter, instead of just selecting my inept config and go play.
The result in the end is the same, but one is a time sinking solution, the other is more straightforward.

Last edited:

The Witcher

Supporter
First of all that would be very annoying and the game is trying to be realistic there isnt a single quote in history of a man in a fight getting out of stamina and not being able to fight anymore

Fdel

Yeah because those died in combat. Also it isn t heroic...so you won t see those in ballads, or tales. By the way it is in Roland tale. But after both regain stamina they continue fighting.
In fighting this is called energy management, have you never seen a fighter panting between one round and another? Low level stamina. Winded out.
Muhamed Ali used to fight like that tire his opponent them bring them down.

Its not about dying of it, impossible.. its more about effectiveness, the more you are tired, the less you blows will be fast and damaging.

But sure it isn t a priority call. It s more a, If there s is time...

Last edited:

The Witcher

Supporter
Yeah because those died in combat. Also it isn t heroic...so you won t see those in ballads, or tales. By the way it is in Roland tale. But after both regain stamina they continue fighting.
In fighting this is called energy management.
Muhamed Ali used to fight like that tire his opponent them bring them down.

Its not about dying of it, impossible.. its more about effectiveness, the more you are tired, the less you blows will be fast and damaging.

But sure it isn t a priority call. It s more a, If there s is time...
what do you mean ballads i speak about historical scripts you know that Swordfighters where lazy doing fatal attacks without wasting a lot of strenght

Fdel

what do you mean ballads i speak about historical scripts you know that Swordfighters where lazy doing fatal attacks without wasting a lot of strenght
Extremely questionable, i don t see laziness in swordfight unless its training when it got to championship figures changes.
But anyway, you never die of exhaustion, you die because you blow get slow, your shield start to get heavy, your block slow down etc..
Then you make a mistage are that split second too late and are knocked in a vulnerable position, bleeding, wounded and things just got worse.

Elaxter

Insider
First of all that would be very annoying and the game is trying to be realistic there isnt a single quote in history of a man in a fight getting out of stamina and not being able to fight anymore
You're taking the concept of a "stamina bar" too literally. You can work yourself until you're too fatigued to move effectively. Just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Don't tell me that you can fight and fight and fight and suffer no fatigue whatsoever, because that's just stupid.

Perhaps exanima should use the yellow bar AS the stamina bar. As you do your attacking, moving, etc etc, it drains the yellow bar. The harder you work, the faster it is drained.

Technically, the yellow already is Stamina...
also adrenaline exists, and honestly, I don't think anyone wants to play a game where their character passes out and has wait like a mobile game...

-Tim-

Insider
Perhaps exanima should use the yellow bar AS the stamina bar. As you do your attacking, moving, etc etc, it drains the yellow bar. The harder you work, the faster it is drained.
This idea seems worth considering. I would also love it if low stamina fighters would move more slowly, perhaps using the encumbrance mechanic. It's so weird to see fighters that seem completely fit and ready for battle just slump down after the slightest grazing hit when their stamina is low.

Fdel

You're taking the concept of a "stamina bar" too literally. You can work yourself until you're too fatigued to move effectively. Just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Don't tell me that you can fight and fight and fight and suffer no fatigue whatsoever, because that's just stupid.

That s the spirit, but i also like the temporary damage concept that seem to be the yellow bar. thats why i proposed a third bar.

Elaxter

Insider
Yeah, exactly. But I think it should drain a bit while you're fighting, and drain faster if you're fighting harder. But it's really just additional layers that make the game have a tiny bit more depth, and really shouldn't be a priority.

That s the spirit, but i also like the temporary damage concept that seem to be the yellow bar. thats why i proposed a third bar.
The "temporary damage" is your character's stamina, because when it is depleted your character goes unconscious. A third bar isn't really necessary.

Fdel

also adrenaline exists, and honestly, I don't think anyone wants to play a game where their character passes out and has wait like a mobile game...
No its not. Or its a wrong concept of stamina.
Right now you can trash and bash and rock and roll all night long and you don t get tired.
That s why its not stamina.

Right now it works more, and pefectly, as temporary damage.
Its the damage you take when you get punched with a boxe/MMA glove, or get a fall (kusushi) and don t land right, it hurts on the impact notice but the pain receede fast. And sometimes permanent damage leaks..like a broken nose a swollen eye, etc.

Fdel

The "temporary damage" is your character's stamina, because when it is depleted your character goes unconscious. A third bar isn't really necessary.
I cannot agree with that. You don t pass out by lack of stamina only. Something damaging must be the final push to cross the uncounciousness line.

Elaxter

Insider
No one said you have to "wait like a mobile game."

I'm saying that if you fight really hard you should pass out eventually. It shouldn't be common, because it IS annoying, but it should be there.

I cannot agree with that. You don t pass out by lack of stamina only. Something damaging must be the final push to cross the uncounciousness line.
You can pass out from working too hard, though.

Fdel

You can pass out from working too hard, though.
Usually you pass out because some other factor not obvious is there. Usually pain, and your nervous system shutdown.

Normally you don t pass out you just fall asleep, there s a tiny diference here.

I don t think you should pass out but a decrease in eficiency and a slowdown on mov. speed shoud be noticed.

Elaxter

Insider
Usually you pass out because some other factor not obvious is there. Usually pain, and your nervous system shutdown.

Normally you don t pass out you just fall asleep, there s a tiny diference here.

I don t think you should pass out but a decrease in eficiency and a slowdown on mov. speed shoud be noticed.
pass out is basically the same as falling asleep

Fdel

Tecnically on pure basis yes, if your narcoleptic.
But there s diference, you won t fall asleep while standing up...for example.
Passing out isn t controlled falling sleeping is, if your not sleep deprived.

Parco

i dont like the idea of implementing a standard stamina bar often seen in games into this game, how would you even balance it to make it fun? cant have it like dark souls, where you only do a few attacks and then you gotta rest for a while, that makes no sense especially in context of how this games combat/gameplay works. could ofcourse make it so it barely drops with each attack, block and steps while running you take and possibly for each hit on you take as well, but to balance that you would have to make the resting time really long. lets say you make it so the character can attack, block and more for around for 15-30 minutes (to put it realistically (i think), not counting in adrenaline) and the resting time would be half of that, most fight doesnt even last 5min so the effect of the stamina bar wouldnt be noticeable unless you were in a really big fight that drags on for a long time, and how many time would that happen? at this point it would be just as good to not have a stamina bar imo.

left/right handed option is something i would actually like to see as well, would make each fights even more different than what it already is.

Fdel

i dont like the idea of implementing a standard stamina bar often seen in games into this game, how would you even balance it to make it fun? cant have it like dark souls, where you only do a few attacks and then you gotta rest for a while, that makes no sense especially in context of how this games combat/gameplay works. could ofcourse make it so it barely drops with each attack, block and steps while running you take and possibly for each hit on you take as well, but to balance that you would have to make the resting time really long. lets say you make it so the character can attack, block and more for around for 15-30 minutes (to put it realistically (i think), not counting in adrenaline) and the resting time would be half of that, most fight doesnt even last 5min so the effect of the stamina bar wouldnt be noticeable unless you were in a really big fight that drags on for a long time, and how many time would that happen? at this point it would be just as good to not have a stamina bar imo.

left/right handed option is something i would actually like to see as well, would make each fights even more different than what it already is.
I ve written, i think, that stamina rise quickly. Merely by stopping attacking.
As for loosing it would only happen if you keep flailing about.
But again, an option i would say. For the more hardcore.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.