How to lose

Murf

Nope, incorrect, need to watch it. W.O.P.R. saved the world by learning the only correct/winning move in a nuclear war is not to play.

Fdel

Nope, incorrect, need to watch it. W.O.P.R. saved the world by learning the only correct/winning move in a nuclear war is not to play.
I haven t seen the movie but...

I woud say this is quite incorrect, unless you convince the other(s) side(s) not to play either:
Lets take some examples:
2 players one play the other not...guess who loose.

4 players 1 player do not want to play...3 players destroy themselves and you in the process, because of fallouts or preemptive strike, or if i can t win nobody will syndrome.

And so on...

Murf

I haven t seen the movie but...

LOL ok then

I woud say this is quite incorrect, unless you convince the other(s) side(s) not to play either:
that was the point of the movie. If one side does not launch then the other won't either. Because if one side launches, then the other side launches, then both are annihilated. Kept US and Russia from blowing each other to pieces during the cold war.

ffs, it was an 80's movie reference. That was all. The interwebs take things to seriously.

Fdel

LOL ok then

that was the point of the movie. If one side does not launch then the other won't either. Because if one side launches, then the other side launches, then both are annihilated. Kept US and Russia from blowing each other to pieces during the cold war.

ffs, it was an 80's movie reference. That was all. The interwebs take things to seriously.
I was curious yesterday and i ewen t to see the movie.
I understand what it says, but my position remain.
It s only good if the other player decide to not play either.

I wasn t taking myself seriously only to point the flaw in the logic.

Murf

You position is flawed, in a nuclear showdown with automated system already in place that auto launch upon a lunch detection, the only way to win is to not play, one side will not decide to play and launch because that would assure their destruction as well.

Fdel

In that it s true.
But then its flawed....
Suicidal bomb men check mate this teory.
Thats the fear the world have about NK.

Well
In that it s true.
But then its flawed....
Suicidal bomb men check mate this teory.
Thats the fear the world have about NK.
NK nukes are doubtful to work, most of them may just be duds. Even then, only Japan, China, SK and Russia have any sort of threat, and even then, it's not much. They have capabilities to intercept and evacuate very, very quickly. We know whenever they do anything.

Also, this went from a simple troll thread to get people mad over a simple office game, to a /k/ tier "discussion" over nuclear war. What.

-Tim-

Insider
It's unclear to me what exactly is actually being discussed here, but it seems to justify me putting a decent video explanation of the Prisoner's dilemma here for educational purposes. This is required material for any person who has to do any kind of serious negotiation in his or her life, meaning everyone.
Cute girl included.

And yes, this does apply to cold war.

Fdel

Add, player of player 1 and 2 will kill whoever confess as a 3rd element.
Like most economic models they are flawed because they don t atend to all the factors.
Ecxample: Nature damage at long term, sustainability, refuses, trashes, etc.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.