How long time to Beta?

Hello, guys!
I very love your game, your ideas, it's just amazing. And i very love graphic style of your game, that look like dream, warm and mysterious...
So, i very want try this beauty on my own. And, because of this, i really want to know how long time i need wait for Beta.
Of course, i think about purchasing of Alpha access, but i short in money now, and price for beta more comfortable for me.
Thank you and i'll waiting for your answer!

It sounds like some time within the next two months or so there'll be an alpha prelude release an along with that a beta release of the combat alpha. I don't think there is an official time scale at the moment for a beta release of the prelude but I'd imagine once the prelude alpha is released, the time between releases/updates will reduce since a lot of the big challenges of the prelude will be completed by then. As for the final game, we'll probably be waiting a while. At least six months, I'd say, before any kind of release for it (alpha etc.).

Thank you for answer!
So, if i want try game in next month or two, i must buy Alpha Tier, and only then i get access to Combat Alpha, yeah? And if i buy Beta Tier now, then i must wait more then 2 month and after that i only will be have a Combat alpha (what available now for alpha tier backers), yeah?
Sorry for questions, i just not very strong in english, so i think it's better ask twice than misunderstand something important:)

Scarecrow

Insider
If you want to try JUST the combat in the next month or two, you can stick with Beta access only. The Combat Beta will also be better than the Combat Alpha, naturally. If you upgrade to Alpha, you get instant access to Combat Alpha.

If you want to try the Prelude Alpha in the next month or two, you have to upgrade to Alpha access. The Prelude Beta is uncertain when it is to be released.

Exactly when the Prelude Alpha and Combat Beta is going to be released is hard to say though, we're just taking our best guesses based on what we know.

Brendan

Developer
Thank you for answer!
So, if i want try game in next month or two, i must buy Alpha Tier, and only then i get access to Combat Alpha, yeah? And if i buy Beta Tier now, then i must wait more then 2 month and after that i only will be have a Combat alpha (what available now for alpha tier backers), yeah?
Sorry for questions, i just not very strong in english, so i think it's better ask twice than misunderstand something important:)
You won't have to wait that long to try the combat, we're going to release a new version of the combat alpha to beta backers shortly after the next release (which will come before the first alpha of the prelude). Can't promise exact dates but it will be closer to 2 weeks than 2 months!

Brendan

Developer
For the first combat beta release yeah, the next big update with new dev vid and combat alpha will be out well before that. It will take us a few more days to get everything finalised (we hoped to have it done by now but Madoc has had a nasty cold which slowed him down a bit!) but the middle of next week is a safe bet.

Tony

Insider
For the first combat beta release yeah, the next big update with new dev vid and combat alpha will be out well before that. It will take us a few more days to get everything finalised (we hoped to have it done by now but Madoc has had a nasty cold which slowed him down a bit!) but the middle of next week is a safe bet.
Thanks for the update, Brendan! It is always nice to have a general idea about what your plans are even if you can't give specific dates. I'm really looking forward to both the updated combat alpha/beta and the new dev vid! It's exciting to see the progress being made.

tamino

Insider
You guys should write a patcher and/or get on Steam and go to an early release model. Close off parts of the world if you're not done with them. Take a look at what Larian Studios did with Divinity: Original Sin.

This game is way more obscure than it should be and I think part of that is how you guys are turtling both the game and yourselves.

nikko0803

Insider
Sorry, but I'm confused
You won't have to wait that long to try the combat, we're going to release a new version of the combat alpha to beta backers shortly after the next release (which will come before the first alpha of the prelude). Can't promise exact dates but it will be closer to 2 weeks than 2 months!

Isn't the combat alpha already out, and what will get finalised? and the next release of what?

Y Can't promise exact dates but it will be closer to 2 weeks than 2 months!
but the middle of next week is a safe bet.
Are these two estimates both referring to the Combat beta release?
Are the combat beta and updated combat alpha both different things or will the combat alpha updated will be referred to as combat beta?

lvk

Insider
@nikko0803 I can answer your questions. The combat alpha they're going to release has all the combat improvements they mentioned, then after having the community try that and fixing remaining issues, it will become the combat beta, available to beta backers.

The middle of next week is their estimate for the next alpha (along with a dev video), and 2 weeks is their estimate for the combat beta.

If I got anything wrong, feel free to correct.

Little question, friends. If i buy Digital Alpha Tier, then i get 2 copies of game? SO, for example, if i want share this price in half with friend, i can do so and both i, and my friend will be have the access to Combar alpha\beta , prelude and full game, yeah? Thank you all!

Tony

Insider
Little question, friends. If i buy Digital Alpha Tier, then i get 2 copies of game? SO, for example, if i want share this price in half with friend, i can do so and both i, and my friend will be have the access to Combar alpha\beta , prelude and full game, yeah? Thank you all!
The two copies of the game are for the full release, not for the alpha or beta access.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Thanks for the reply, Brendan! It really helps to get little updates like these, even if it's just in the form of a few sentences.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.