Help with level 5? (spoilers, obviously)

I have absolutely no idea how to progress further in level 5. Those golems kick my butt no matter what I do, and they just seem absolutely unbeatable unless I cheese them! They have insane reach and are constantly backstepping away from me, so not only can I not corner them, but oftentimes I can't even land a hit. Even when it's a 1 vs 1, I still can't beat them. What am I doing wrong? Is there some sort of tactic that I'm unaware of besides getting a short character and holding down crouch?

DerekP

I don't want to spoil too much, but some of them can by pacified by having the right object in your inventory. There's really only a few golems that require you to deal with them personally. Keep hunting the areas you have access to, don't miss a single chest. Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you want some more spoilerific assistance.

Tommaso

i had the same problem but i had passed the first 2 by closing them in the previus door, then i go on the map finding a polehammer, when i come back with that long weapon i open the door to let them enter one by one, the fight is a lot by pressing C and shift to try to hit them when they backstepping.
(sorry for my english)

DerekP

It's a risky fight but you can definitely manhandle them if you want to, I just preferred going the pacifist route. I have enough enemies in exanima as it is, I try not to create more. Also the golems behavior has been patched(fairly certain, feel free to correct me) so crouching in front of them isn't as sure as a thing as it used to be.

Okay well, I think I've managed to figure out what the problem is, and I have to say it's a very weird one.

I've recently made a habit of, on the third level, grabbing every single dish in that one room that has dozens of them. I didn't realize it until I had three tokens in the most recent level, but my character is moving in slow motion, as are all NPCs, with one incredibly odd exception - golems swing in slow motion, but they won't move in slow motion, meaning that despite the fact that I have more time to react because of everything being slowed down, I'm still at a huge disadvantage because they're moving so much more quickly than I am.

I'm going to get myself killed and restart at the portal so I can empty my inventory of all of the dishes.

MindSliver

I hope it helps, check some of the other recent threads and you'll see people talking about the same golem issues as well as methods for overcoming them in legitimate combat.

DerekP

That definitely sounds like a bug, You should report it to the devs just so they know. Let us know if the whole killing yourself and emptying your inventory thing works out.

Yeah, it definitely was the dishes - I'm still getting destroyed by the golems of course, but at least it's sort-of fair now, and the physics are all working properly again.

Tommaso

Yeah, it definitely was the dishes - I'm still getting destroyed by the golems of course, but at least it's sort-of fair now, and the physics are all working properly again.
are you in full plate armor? i try to fight 1 golem with some less armor and i get 1shotted!

DerekP

You can goad a single golem into a fight but walking into the alcove behind them and thrusting, or hitting them in the chest while staying away from the line on the floor that activates the pair.

Tommaso

not all the time happen, and sometime the pacified one charge you after you pass the symbol on the ground

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.