Greetings, a few questions and suggestions

-KJ-

Having stumbled across Exanima on Steam I was struck on how this game appears quite unique in originality and concept, will no doubt acquire it. Please do persist in considering a release for Linux when time presents. Have a few general questions after reviewing forums a bit.
  • Benefits for Bare Mettle purchasing directly from the store over Steam? I don't care about an extra key for Steam, or should I?
  • What does becoming a backer/contributor mean other than contributing money?
  • When SG is released will there be any discounts or choices for those that purchased Examina?
  • Once SG is released will there be a monthly subscription cost for multi-player?
Please add aspects of the above questions to an FAQ or make similar general information easily obtainable from the home page (rather than an expandable link off /games). I do get that with a small team overtaxed to the hilt (pun intended) that documentation often suffers when development imperative. From the forums I noted a tag of Insider which I gather is a closed beta tester or the like, perhaps a few trusted volunteers from the Alpha stages of development could assist with creating and updating documentation.

A balance of protecting proprietary interests and garnering community support beyond mods can often be a moving target but it also has huge potential to assist in alleviating lesser tasks for developers. Whenever a core team's time is taken away from development to deal with support or community problems issues tend to snowball affecting both developers and the community. Mere suggestions based on previous game management experience; not intending to minimize massive effort no doubt accomplished thus far, let alone the thought and imagination invested.

Last but not least, thanks for piquing curiosity of this old gamer!

Having stumbled across Exanima on Steam I was struck on how this game appears quite unique in originality and concept, will no doubt acquire it. Please do persist in considering a release for Linux when time presents. Have a few general questions after reviewing forums a bit.
  • Benefits for Bare Mettle purchasing directly from the store over Steam? I don't care about an extra key for Steam, or should I?
  • What does becoming a backer/contributor mean other than contributing money?
  • When SG is released will there be any discounts or choices for those that purchased Examina?
  • Once SG is released will there be a monthly subscription cost for multi-player?
I'm just a dude of the forum and don't know for sure but I'll try my best to answer.

1) You obtain a DRM free version on this site and a key on steam to give to a friend or a random internet stranger. Purchasing through Baremettle will eliminate the percentage steam takes from sales through steam so I'm guessing 100% of your purchase will go directly to Baremettle. (yay)

2) Backing has pretty much ceased to be since Exanima hit Steam. But when the kickstarter ran back in November 2012 there were all kinds of reward tiers. As you have noticed some people, including myself, have the 'insider' backer tier which means we get access to the insider forum and whatnot. Most of those people are also alpha/beta testers, yes.

3) I'm not sure but people who kickstarted Sui generis got Exanima for free. There maybe a small discount but that's way down the line and up to the devs. Also, what do you mean by choices, exactly?

4) No. Pretty sure the answer is no to that one. With that being said I'm not entirely sure there will be a dedicated multiplayer aspect to the game. Right now the plan is to have multiplayer on a small scale as in 1v1 or co-op using LAN.

Last edited:

Bullethead

Welcome aboard, -KJ-. Glad you like the game and are enthused enough to shovel more money to BME. I wish I could do the same.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.