Gore, extremetis cutting, finishing moves???

Hello!
I was very impressed by your in-game physic. Your game are more realistic than all bf4 and other pieces of shit together, In your game i really feel the deep dive into a game world - you just a wizards of game industry.
But i want ask about not very important, but interesting aspect - in-game cruelty. I dont asking about like-a-mortalcombat fountains of blood and meat, no. I just think that if you made so realistic physics model and so high detailed system of collisions, may be you add and animations of cutting, in cases where it's appropriate by situations (for example, you made good powerful swing by your heavy battle axe and hit the enemy hand - and in this case hand cutting off).
Or, if this too hard to make, may be just make finishing animations? For example, lethal strike was in neck- so head chopping off, or, if its heavy mace and strike blow in forehead, then bone partially cracking, and so on. I dont want not realistic effects, only moderate - not always, and better to say, rare expressed in cutting and chopping, but generally expressed in little and fine, details - cuts, bruises, fractures, bleeding and s.o.
But i want say, that even without all this your game, imho, pretend on best game of 2014 year and, may be, one of the most bold experiments in game industry of last 10 years.
Thank you for your work.
Good luck to you!
Best regards,
Dmitriy.
PS: and sorry for my bad english

lvk

Insider
Hello and welcome to the forums!

Madoc, the lead developer, has made a post sort of confirming dismemberment, but it will probably be a while until that's in. I'm not sure how detailed this system is planned to be. It will be realistic though, as seen in the part of the post that reads "while it might not kill instantly it would still kill pretty quickly. Not something you can recover from."

Be sure to also read Elric von Rabenfels' post on why dismemberment is unlikely to happen in a combat situation.

Locational damage is already in the game to a degree - hitting someone in the head with a mace is a lot more effective than hitting them in the arm! There's just little visual feedback for it right now, but it's there.

Hope that helps!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.