Exanima Gameplay

RobG

Insider
2:22. Apologies for the quality. It's my first gameplay video and apparently I need better software or to play with the settings.
Oh jeese... gg! My life is now going to be spent doing this isn't it haha.

RobG

Insider
@Sir NotABot let me know if I can help you with your recordings somehow btw, I had so much help from people from these forums when I started, it would be nice to be able to pay it forward. Just PM me if you need to.

Sir NotABot

Couldn't help it ;d Shouldn't be too hard to beat. ;d
Ha! Says the guy who managed to get a head chop on just about all of them. Hmm... 6 hours and 20 minutes after your last comment. Tell me you weren't trying all this time. I'm not sure it can be done much faster than that. Nice job.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Haha, i'm using the rusty novice sword ;d Took a few tries, on second try i got 2:11 but kept playing around to get it under 2 mins.

Will try the expert one later, see how it goes.
Edit: Got about the same time with the expert sword, but restricted myself from using overheads.

Last edited:
Hey Rob, I've got a challenge for you but I'm not entirely sure it's possible. It's a campaign challenge. Not an arena challenge. I might try it myself.

Here are the rules:

1: You start the game naked.
2: In the starting room you may only pick up the torch.
3: Before you start needing to unlock doors to continue all the equipment that you use must be randomly generated from containers. You may not pick up any of the equippable placed items (the machete, the gloves, the cleaver lying by the dead body in that room with a locked door etc). You may still take non-equipable items (the keys, scrolls, books etc). Just not any of the obviously placed pieces of equipment.
4: Once you get to the point where you absolutely need to unlock doors to continue it starts to become pretty dangerous and you'll need to gather some equipment quickly so the no picking up stuff rules become more optional. You might actually need that mace and bill hook in the side room behind those locked doors.

As I mentioned this is probably quite a tough challenge. I'm not entirely sure how possible it is but it might be fun to try.

RobG

Insider
So basically 100% RNG gods decide the fate kinda thing? Is that right? Sounds fun :) there should probably be a rule about not just avoiding every fight too (seen Parco's speed run? lol)

I had an idea I was going to try where the rule is you have to kill every zombie you see and once you kill that zombie you have to use his/her weapon until you kill the next :p

There was a similar thing i was trying in naked arena too where you have to kill each enemy with the previous opponents weapon...no shield allowed! (I always failed when it got to maul time lol)

Sir NotABot

@Faelivrin btw you inspired me to do these naked arenas in the first place :D I think you should be the judge, should @ZaratanCho be disqualified because he is wearing a shirt? I say yes.
I was torn about that. On one hand, it is clearly against the rules, but on the other hand, he doesn't get hit once. The argument could be made though that he was able to fight more aggressively with the knowledge that he could take a hit better. I think he just did it for modesty though. On the third hand (what?), he did wreck my best time, so f*ck him: disqualified! ;)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.