Continue (from checkpoint) Bug

When I continue a game from a checkpoint, I'm greeted by the starting room followed by the sound of my character dying as he falls from the sky. It's pretty funny to watch, but it kinda kills the mood. DOA.jpg
This only occurs on the first continue of the session. Every continue afterwards loads as intended.

Loading a continue from anywhere else on the map works as intended.
I haven't made it to the portal yet, so I can't comment on loading from there, but the door checkpoints seem to have an issue.

This started after the patch to 0.5.1.1
There are no error messages on screen when this occurs. Appdata log contains no error messages either.

edit1:It occurs to me, this could be the result of the exanima.rsg having been created while at v0.5.1 and being loaded in v0.5.1.1.

I'll start a new game and see if this behavior continues.

edit2: Behavior persists when continuing from a new game started in the current version 0.5.1.1
Still no error messages and nothing in the log.

Idk if it's just me or not. It's not a game breaker and hopefully never will be, but it only started after the small patch. I'm hoping it's just a random thing caused by running this on a toaster.

Last edited:
Can't comment on the morphing. My char is bald with a bit more height and mass than default, but the difference is hard to notice by torchlight.

Related (insider forum):

So does your character also get morphed into the default male?
Seems to. It also changes the character creation back to that preset too. Further reload attempts fail although they reset the character creation back to whatever I previously had it set as. Strange huh?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.