Big hole in the AI?

Syllabear3

There is something that is bothering me, somehow: ai only blocks if you keep your button pressed when attacking. If you release the button moments before the attack conects with your oponent, they will get hit because they release their defense (to counter attack?).

It doesnt really work 100% of the time, and it is more noticeable with certeain enemies.

Is it intended?

Peasant135

I noticed that too. Anybody else?
Edit: Maybe it is less noticeable with guys who have that shield skill which allows you to block even when attacking.

Last edited:
Perhaps this is a consequence of them thinking it's a feint or something about how the AI doesn't gain information by looking at you, but rather your computer input directly.

Pc Genie

I'll admit I've always fully committed to any attack, so I never realised you could do a sort of non-feint as an attack!

Syllabear3

I'll admit I've always fully committed to any attack, so I never realised you could do a sort of non-feint as an attack!
I just my feel, but it wont do a 100% dmg (personal opinion), even if you add movement to that kind of blow.
Works really well with poles.

It is too noticeable when i fight sword against sword vs the expert swordman. Its like the most simple attack will cut him, because he is too quick in respond and attack.
I once complained about him being too hard, it was i fully held the button.

Syllabear3

So, does the specific feint perk affect the amount of damage dealt or does it merely help recovery from a non-feint?
I was sleepy so ye i could make mistakes typing.

Its just an opinion based on my experience and feelings, it could be totally wrong.
You see, this game is based on real life physics. If you stop an attack, at certain point it will be 0 speed (middle point between throw and coming back), so it will be less damage than when its fully moving.

Thats how i see it. But ill repeat it, its just my opinion.
Try it yourself or wait someone cofirms or deny this theory.

ps: try it with a maul, it will be more noticeable. Add your character movement to your blow.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.