About the compass.

Cesco

There's something I want to point out about Exanima's UI.
The compass is, by now, the only item that acts like a passive bonus, presenting itself on the HUD, instead of being an active object, that gives you information when you ask for them.
I believe that, as long as maps are active objects, it doesn't make sense that the only other navigation tool have to work differently; I think it would be more coherent if the compass could open its own "itemized window" with a double click, similarly to the behaviour of maps.

I know it is the lesser of the details, but I've never seen it being adressed.

I hope you're all doing well, keep it up! : )

HopeDIV

Insider
You make an interesting point, ultimentally this is probably a game design choice to facilitate gameplay, but its also very old and something that may be subject to change in the future.

However, a counter point would be that a compass can be somthing you glance aat and immediately to know the information, while a map is something that is generally studied to find your location and prospective landmarks. Framing it this way makes more sense to have it as a UI element , also in a general loot and design perspective.

It'll be interesting if there are more items that effect the UI in the future. For now its something thats mostly fallen to the wayside.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.