A New Type of Dodge

Elaxter

Insider
Currently, there are two types of movements in combat: a step and a dash. Why not a stand-in-place dodge? It's not too far fetched. Kinda like a weave.

I propose this new "weave" to be executed using a shift+WASD combo. An option could also be made for any style, be it hold to weave, double tap to weave, or tap to weave.

I think this extra movement could be used in conjunction with attacks to add power.

It's benefits are obvious: you don't take a step when you weave! But the less movement wont guarantee that you dodge the attack.

Your character already automatically tries to do this, if you know how to manipulate the physics well you can make your character weave properly, I do =)

Pilluminati

Insider
I think a better solution would be to have more continuous movement. Pressing just W/A/S/D quickly would result in a weave like motion (it already kind of does with the ability to change direction before committing to a step), and holding would result in movement, distance depending on how long you held the key. Currently there's 2 fixed distances your character tries to move (with some variation depending on physics and collisions obviously). I'm all for expanding the combat, but when suggesting new things try to make it as simple and intuitive as possible. If we start adding modifier keys to everything soon the game would become a mess. See how much the developers have packed into just WASD + LMB in order to keep the controls simple, it's all you need to fight effectively atm, yet there are so many possibilities.

Video or gtfo. :p
I would like to say that I am sry the mythical weaving does not exist and I took many a mace to the face as I danced around like a fool infront of the NPC... What I did notice is when you step back out of an attack combined with the readying up for parry, it sort of looked.....weavish...:oops:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.