Search results

1. G

What's taking so long?

Doesn't a beta update mean it'll be in the hands of insiders, not the rest of us?
  2. G

What's taking so long?

I imagine the update is probably 3-6 months away minimum going by the Steam forum comments. Still needing to test post-portal level and general patch test with insiders, plus other things mentioned as needing work coming up, which will probably be fed into the current patch along the way and...
  3. G

What's taking so long?

With the way scope for features and enhancements seem to be managed for Exanima (I.e. Not at all), I'd be careful setting an expectation that development will move faster for SG. Especially as this has been stated every time a feature is 'almost done'... Until the next one pops up and must be...
  4. G

What's taking so long?

Indeed, without Kickstarter this perhaps wasn't viable (I am still glad we have Exanima though!), now it seems just barely viable instead. It's running on the determination and persistence of the BM staff, we're well past Kickstarter funding I imagine and so failure at any time is an ongoing...
  5. G

What's taking so long?

I think the key takeaways here are these: BM should never have run the kickstarter, as it set an expectation and people paid to support that, and If it wasn't for early access the game would be considered vapourware by now, particularly Sui Generis (which the KS was for and is the product...
  6. G

What's taking so long?

This is completely wrong. First it makes the assumption people are somewhat experienced with how game development works and second it takes responsibility away from the devs in setting a release date. People need to stop putting release dates on Kickstarter that are not realistic. This is the...
  7. G

What's taking so long?

Pretty good summary of Valve overall...
  8. G

What's taking so long?

Thanks for the update El Mac. Maybe BM should create a post with links to their channels of engagement: Steam community Discord Facebook? Twitter? That Beam.io or whatever site Etc
  9. G

What's taking so long?

Don't set your expectations too crazy high now :p. From what I understand a lot of the heavy work BM are doing is core tech and AI so content wise might not appear to add up completely, though the work is there. Also, BM are spamming us with feedback compared to another game I backed a while...
  10. G

What's taking so long?

Me. Next question. In other words, silly question.
  11. G

The Exanima Videos & Screenshots Thread

Comedy gold there! Some very funny take-downs. Seems the AI needs some 'stop tea-bagging me' maneuvers...
  12. G

What's taking so long?

Good idea :p Telling people what their opinions and feeling should be never resolves arguments ;)
  13. G

What's taking so long?

A good reason for consistent and clear communication then ;) I think this is the trickiest part. Ideally the company has a planned scope, budget and delivery date, they present it to KS and then work to execute it. The problem arises in human desire to improve, the scope changes, budget needs...
  14. G

What's taking so long?

I think this is likely the cause of most of the consternation. Mainly because the KS campaign (does Steam EA offer a target release date? Haven't checked) did not say 'Pledge funds and please wait patiently and stick with us until it's done,' it basically said (and is how people - naively or...
  15. G

What's taking so long?

Agree there, calling the game vapourware etc is not on, even if one only came here for news.
  16. G

What's taking so long?

Seems a bit combative in here! I don't see the problem as being development taking longer and natural complications of game development. It's that the kickstarter set the expectation that those funds were required to deliver Sui Generis at a point in time. Tony your words above basically say...
  17. G

Exanima 0.6 Released

This old question again... See Tony, your response basically admits Bare Mettle practically bit off more than they could chew. All the description of the 'pain and suffering' just reinforces that. Generally in circumstances such as this people would be rightly concerned that the game may just...
  18. G

Most frustrating experience I've ever had in 20 years of gaming lol

Well intelligence is relative anyway and depends entirely on what you're trying to apply it to. I believe a part of this is to do with technical constraints. When constrained, designers are focused on getting more out of what they have. If the graphics and processing power is low more...
  19. G

Exanima 0.6.5.4

Neat!
  20. G

Most frustrating experience I've ever had in 20 years of gaming lol

You haven't exactly been friendly yourself. Using a 'buzzword' like 'edgy' kinda make your posts a little ironic don't you think? The fact is Bare Mettle are certain in their design. You can like it or not but at least BM know the product they want to make and aren't just trying to catch as...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.