things that I've been asking myself so far

Lathspell

I learned the hard way that your character can be killed (for good) in arena losing all my progress when you face an oponent with any edged weapon without the proper armor...that's somewhat unforgiving...I don't know you guys but is it possible to add a "recovery" character option, like an old saved file?

now here are some questions:

1. when I face a sword and board oponent the fight can get a bit longer...but I've seen that attacking the legs can be more effective, but I don't know how to properly aim to the legs or the head if I wanted to. so is there any way to aim an attack? or what's your strategy against dudes with shields?

2. anyone else feel women are better on pugilism?

3. there will be any stamina system on the future? some two handed weapons (mostly swords) are insane and you just can swing them till the end of times without effect on your character.

that's all atm

thanks to BM for creating this amazing game...

PS: I can't wait for Flails!!!

Last edited:

konggary

1:
Stabs are aimed based on your mouse position, you could use this to your advantage:

The bright red line represent different cursor positions. When the cursor is nearest a point on the body it will aim at that height, as it moves away it resumes the normal elevation used for controlling the direction of your character

Or you could crouch (default C) to go for the legs

Lathspell

1:
Stabs are aimed based on your mouse position, you could use this to your advantage:

The bright red line represent different cursor positions. When the cursor is nearest a point on the body it will aim at that height, as it moves away it resumes the normal elevation used for controlling the direction of your character

Or you could crouch (default C) to go for the legs
thanks for the tip...

with 2handed weapons, I've found that attacking from afar sometimes hit in legs, mostly because the degree of the attack and the range of the weapon

I'm really starting to hate dudes with shields I lost one of my recruits and a hireling because one of them hiding like a coward behind a shield and attacking with a cleaver, no matter what kind of attack I do, most of them seem to end in the shield,and I haven't been able to finish an elimination after inept tier, I can defeat a sword and board enemy but it takes more time and the fight gets a bit boring, mostly because I wait for an opening...and in the process I take a few shots which are critical in early game (Inept Aspirant tier)

so far I think shields still have advantage...

1. sword and shield is much more ofensive because npc doesn't have to worry too much about defending. since the attacks are limited.

2. you can't attack when you are in a "clinch" except for daggers (maybe) which it would a good way to defeat a shield enemy.

2. one handed weapons still do a lot of damage even when you're not in early game, and are much more well balanced which makes them faster.

I refuse to use shields because I hate them, I will give one to my hireling though.

Last edited:

ZaratanCho

Insider
Shields can be pretty annoying. Best way imo is well timed Left to right strikes and overheads. You can go for the head with Right to left but its risky. And the legs are hard to hit vs big shields, against bucklers its works ok. Shields will probably get some sort of stamina system after the skills for them are added since then they will become even stronger and more versatile.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.