Playing As Other Races

This I must point out is not a request or suggestion for playable non-human races.

I noticed watching the pre-alpha combat video again that it seems when porky is fighting a skeleton, porky is being controlled by someone. This is because the cursor is moved as if attacking as porky and you can see it change from the combat cursor (circle) to the arrow cursor. So obviously I want to know if this is the case from the devs. Also, I want to discuss what possible gameplay implications playing as a non-human race has purely for combat. It has been discussed before that the races are too different to play as properly. But what about in a multiplayer arena mode. Juggernaut style combat with porky anyone?

Komuflage

Insider
I can almost guarantee that the devs were controlling porky, but they are the devs, if they want to control a chicken they can.

So don't get you hopes up about playing as porky.
However your arena idea sound like fun, however I would not prioritize it, but maybe as a minor update after release (Much like The Witchers 2 Arena mode that came a few months after release)

That was the intention, playing as porky on single player would ruin it in my opinion. It would take far too much effort to make it interesting to play that it isn't worth development time.

Parco

I kinda have a feeling we can change who we are by using the editor. I would vote for it to be possible if using cheat codes/editor to change character. Like the idea of having an arena for pvp, would love to play against my friends as a skeleton, *oh, you thought you killed me? Too bad, REASSEMBLE!!!

Although playing as porky (or other nonhuman races) is out of the question for the most part, maybe embodying porky could be included as a thaumaturgic effect? Maybe a powerful thaumaturge could hide somewhere, release his spirit, possess porky and then fight until he dies. How does that sound?

Although playing as porky (or other nonhuman races) is out of the question for the most part, maybe embodying porky could be included as a thaumaturgic effect? Maybe a powerful thaumaturge could hide somewhere, release his spirit, possess porky and then fight until he dies. How does that sound?

This excites me.

Komuflage

Insider
It Sounds OP as shit, but honestly, spells like that are really awesome and fun.
Throw in some corruption focus, that drains over time. So you can't control him forever.

Spells like these are really fun in games, unfortunately they're rare to see in games, and if they exist they often have heavy restrictions.

One example is the Thief class in GW2, they have a Shadow step ability with a short bow, so they fire an arrow at a location, and then they teleport to that location. This was a really awesome and fun ability, but they nerfed it so you can't teleport between gaps. So you can't teleport up on ledge, of from a ledge to another, which made the spell feel so restricting and boring.

So I really hope BM Includes some really op and awesome powers, they just need to balance them so they're not to op.

Madoc

Project Lead
I thought we'd already mentioned somewhere that controlling something like an ogre through mind thaumaturgy was a planned feature. Anyway, it is. Also, yes, we as devs can play as anything and that's what you saw in the video where porky was exploding skellies.

Mind control sure does create a ton of interesting possibilities, especially with a game like this. Will the mind control work on humans also? I imagine performing a heist through mind control and in doing so framing the unfortunate person I force to complete it.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.