New Arena (v 0.6.1.0 Beta)

IMO: the frey battles are a little farmeables, without risk, maybe a low bid but nice reward per enemy defeat... For example 1 copper feed , 5 copper each kill, minimun reward 5 copper (if you leech and kill the last...) ? now doing that 3 copper = 1silver +

Last edited:

konggary

I agree: fray should reward the player for actually being in the fray.
Instead of waiting for a single bloodied opponent, award the player some coins based on their participation.

On-kill reward is a little spotty because of kill stealing by AI, but it's a start

E.g. 2 copper for the initial kill, 3 for the second and so on. A potential of 20 copper for being a really good combatant. Once again, I must stress that this can be exploited by simply going in for last hits, and last hits being stolen by the AI.

Tyon

Rewards based on kills would be kinda frustrating. I've fought in frays quite a bit, it's probably my favorite mode and I can't count how many times I'd be fighting an opponent and then some asshole comes out of nowhere and hits my opponent once and gets the kill.

Saetheer

Insider
IMO: the frey battles are a little farmeables, without risk, maybe a low bid but nice reward per enemy defeat... For example 1 copper feed , 5 copper each kill, minimun reward 5 copper (if you leech and kill the last...) ? now doing that 3 copper = 1silver +
All-vs-all battles are suppose to be like this. entry fee, and reward the big cut reward no-matter-what. It's called tactic to let your enemies destroy each-other before you swoop the up. In fact, I think it's an very old, ancient event, tactic. I suggest you use it as well. 1-on-1 fights can be hard enough sometimes.

Rewards based on kills would be kinda frustrating. I've fought in frays quite a bit, it's probably my favorite mode and I can't count how many times I'd be fighting an opponent and then some asshole comes out of nowhere and hits my opponent once and gets the kill.
I also totally agree to this. Happens all the time.

I got a question, how does one rank up? My fighters are still inept

All-vs-all battles are suppose to be like this. entry fee, and reward the big cut reward no-matter-what. It's called tactic to let your enemies destroy each-other before you swoop the up. In fact, I think it's an very old, ancient event, tactic. I suggest you use it as well. 1-on-1 fights can be hard enough sometimes.

I also totally agree to this. Happens all the time.

I got a question, how does one rank up? My fighters are still inept
Yep... old tactics... but never a IA come to me.. like (hey, you and me, come on , we kill this guy and after that we fight )

if you step back never came back to you , only when you are left.

for level up assign 2 skills , armor / weapons, and after each skill level up, you pass a rank..

My question is how get master rank, because I don´t have morre skills... and I want to use that beautiful plate =)

Edit:
Not quite yet. Once Madoc adds more skills we'll be able to rank up again :).

Last edited:

AiChichi

Insider
I started chopping up downed enemies if they annoyed me, just in case.

But indeed that seems to be a strange case. Personally, I´m much more defensive around enemies with bladed or spiked weapons due to the higher chance of permanent injury. But the bots all seem to be throwaway fighters. Could be a pretty cool expansion if the bots had names and would circulate in the matches until they die, at which point they are replaced by newcomers. You could learn certain enemies´ fighting style, their prefered weapon, and form lasting rivalries. Or, maybe, you could even recruit or hire one of these pre-existing fighters instead of creating a new, custom one. That could add a lot of immersion for arena mode.
I would love to see that... the arena would become more living for sure.. it would be really something if you could decide whether defeated opponent will live or die, hehe

4. I think the store could hold a few more items at a time, or at least get supplied with low-tier items a bit more often. It can be a really pain in the arse to wait for half an eternity before anything usable/affordable shows up.
Big true. On the beginning I saw a fighter with wooden staff with coated metal ends and since then I am still waiting when I will get the opportunity to buy it in store... I really did take a fancy to fighting with staff

Skidus

More Inventory Hi. I didn't play dolls as a kid but now seem to spend ages dressing and undressing dolls in the character menu. Would it be possible to have boxes, side of the character showing what is been worn. i.e.
garments / armour, under other garments/armour, what can't be seen?
E.g. I have to remove coats to see if I am wearing a belt. in all the different ranks.
Great game but seems that complication has started to creep in.

Jacob Jones

Supporter
Dang, I never managed to beat the last guy in expert arena, is there an option to play the old style arena? I wanna feel cool like the rest of everyone who beat expert arena. Don't get me wrong I am super excited for this new mode! I am blown away at what I have seen of it so far, superb stuff Bare Mettle.

Don Kanaille

Insider
More Inventory Hi. I didn't play dolls as a kid but now seem to spend ages dressing and undressing dolls in the character menu. Would it be possible to have boxes, side of the character showing what is been worn. i.e.
garments / armour, under other garments/armour, what can't be seen?
E.g. I have to remove coats to see if I am wearing a belt. in all the different ranks.
Great game but seems that complication has started to creep in.
The paperdoll system will soon be overhauled.

Dang, I never managed to beat the last guy in expert arena, is there an option to play the old style arena?
Sure. Just click on "Arena", then click on "Practice".

Jacob Jones

Supporter
Sure. Just click on "Arena", then click on "Practice".
Oh cool! I am using the steam version, which hasn't updated yet. I am using it because I wanted it to automatically update for me without having to check the site all the time. Guess I'm going back to the other version! Gotta check out this new arena.

Jacob Jones

Supporter
Just enable the beta branch on Steam (go to Exanima properties, beta, opt-in).
Ohh I didn't think about that.

I have had a chance to mess around with the new mode however and I am loving it. The only thing is that I notice mostly higher level gear is for sale, so it takes me a long time just to get a belt or a tunic, which in turn makes it harder to survive and win fights- making it harder to earn said higher level gear. I'm not complaining, but I do wonder how everyone else is faring. I decided to recruit only 2 fighters, so that I had people to rotate, but also not too many mouths to feed. (And by that I mean buy them gear so they don't suck at everything)

So far the fistfights are my favorite. I especially love when they are in the bar arena. It's like a bar fight! THERE SHOULD TOTALLY BE "PUGILISM--FRAY." I can't quite figure how to throw a left punch that goes towards my target though. I always kinda just close-line them when I try a left swing. The uppercuts are SO satisfying though. Oddly enough, the "strongman" I made specifically to fist fight is not nearly as successful as a lady character I made who is short and skinny; I thought she would make a dagger or sword type. She's a freaking champ when it comes to boxing.

Jacob Jones

Supporter
Alt + hold lmb
( + footwork and drag :D )
Oh whoops, I was double clicking. No wonder I couldn't get it to work.

Hey while I'm here I'll say this. I keep getting an error at the shop in arena. When I click to open the UI it get a message box that says something like failed to retrieve user item 8400000C. I can't remember what it says exactly so next time I get it (and I will) I'll screenshot it.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.