New Arena (v 0.6.1.0 Beta)

Points-only great system from a gameplay point of view, but in some form of a real arena it would be different. One thing I've noticed is the AI occasionally uses a weapon that outranks the match I'm in. Dirty cheaters.
If AI uses a better weapon, then that's a good thing - you could take it instead your "less good" ones - in Fray or Elimination modes (for me, I can't imagine such situation, 'cos my best weapons are quarterstaff (both are cheap and powerful) or battle axe + round shield (requiring a lot of points but they're real dirty bastards, my lovelies :D))
The worst situation is when your enemy has already much better armor + shield (and also he is very good with it, Adept - Expert - Master rank), and you're have only Aspirant - Novice outfit...

Maybe something like "This match is adept. You may wear up to 8 articles of clothing, including cloth, velvet, and leather. Anyone with chainmail, steel or lamellar will not be permitted to enter." Hard to come up with an excuse for weapon-restrictions though...
Nice idea with equipment class restrictions! Adds more challenges.
Hm.. weapon restrictions could be on Blunt/Sharp or One-handed/Two-handed weapons, also some classes as Blades/Polearms/Axes.

Any else finding that the store doesn't seem to sell on-level items enough? When I was at Aspirant level I saw a ton of leather greaves (Novice level) for sale, but ever since I got a character to Novice I've seen no leather greaves at all so I can't buy any. Not sure if I've been really unlucky.
Here is my current market (my team is: 3 experts, 1 adept and 5 inepts) - all sorts of weapons and equipment. So keep grinding, mate, may God of Random be with you!

Attachments

Last edited:
I hope they put some cool looking NPC there soon. I mean yea, this release was all about the functionality of the system...but it's time we finally got to have some nice and unique NPCs in the game. ^^;

konggary

I dont like forcefields ... :(
Already confirmed:
As a basic example, you may learn to turn Force Blast into an omnidirectional effect, pushing things away in any direction; you may also learn to make the force highly coherent, thus turning it into a shield. The two things combined may lead you to make a bubble that shields you from all directions
Source

I would like to see it as a very short-lived shield, designed to be like a powerful parry that could block a Sir swipe or an incoming arrow volley.

Viking34

What was the 20,4mb update that pushed just now?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in the steam forums.

Last edited:

NachoDawg

Skidus

Thanks for adding notes to explain the inventory system in the new arena. I now am struggling to understand the skill aspect of the characters. I think this needs working. When a skill is learned it should not be forgotten, (as when I press on a skill button). I click onto the buttons to try to understand what is going on, then my learned skill goes back to zero? Can someone please explain where I am going wrong. Is this a bug or feature?

burgzaza

Insider
Thanks for adding notes to explain the inventory system in the new arena. I now am struggling to understand the skill aspect of the characters. I think this needs working. When a skill is learned it should not be forgotten, (as when I press on a skill button). I click onto the buttons to try to understand what is going on, then my learned skill goes back to zero? Can someone please explain where I am going wrong. Is this a bug or feature?
Yes if you decide to change your mind and learn another skill, the skill you were learning is deleted, you have to gain XP until the skill is completely learned. When you see a little cross bottom right of the screen, that means you can safely begin to learn a new skill.

Skidus

Burgzaza
Thanks for the quick reply. This explains why my characters are not advancing but it makes no scenes to allow change halfway through training! By all means allow players to change their mind but once the choice is made the characters skill should be locked until training complete. This would stop accidental depleting current progress or add a button "Are you sure you wish to change your skill as all current progress will be lost."
Regards Steve

NachoDawg

Simple question, how refill my life bar? thanks and awesome patch...
Im the arena? the red bar gets healed a little bit after a fight. Do pugalism matches to ensure you wont lose red life and complete a few.

In story mode?
There's 3 healing salves in the game found in random containers. they heal a large chunk (not full) over time

Don Kanaille

Insider
Exactly. You just need to wait for it to heal. This is why you should recruit another fighter early on so you can switch to that one if your current guy gets wounded.

Also, for starters, only attempt the risky fights with hired fighters, because the whole save is lost if your main guy dies.

Exactly. You just need to wait for it to heal. This is why you should recruit another fighter early on so you can switch to that one if your current guy gets wounded.

Also, for starters, only attempt the risky fights with hired fighters, because the whole save is lost if your main guy dies.
Im the arena? the red bar gets healed a little bit after a fight. Do pugalism matches to ensure you wont lose red life and complete a few.

In story mode?
There's 3 healing salves in the game found in random containers. they heal a large chunk (not full) over time
Thanks boths.. =)

AiChichi

Insider
I wanted to ask about it, if your character can be ,,finished" :D now I see you can pretty easily...

I would like to see it from the opposite sight of view as well... I mean, if you just defeat some opponent, may happen you will fight with him again in future... but if you defeat him and then finish him, he is gone forever, hehe..

Don Kanaille

Insider
I started chopping up downed enemies if they annoyed me, just in case.

But indeed that seems to be a strange case. Personally, I´m much more defensive around enemies with bladed or spiked weapons due to the higher chance of permanent injury. But the bots all seem to be throwaway fighters. Could be a pretty cool expansion if the bots had names and would circulate in the matches until they die, at which point they are replaced by newcomers. You could learn certain enemies´ fighting style, their prefered weapon, and form lasting rivalries. Or, maybe, you could even recruit or hire one of these pre-existing fighters instead of creating a new, custom one. That could add a lot of immersion for arena mode.

A few general points:

1. Elemination matches - as far as I get this mode, it is supposed to simulate some kind of competition where combatants face each other in elemination matches until only one is left. The thing is, the player character is the only one to ever get wounded. Every enemy you face is at 100% health despite the fact that he or she supposedly fought through the same series of matches you did to get to that point. So I suggest that the later enemies should have an increasing chance of starting the battle already wounded, just as your own character does.

2. I suggest that there should only be blunt weapons in the Inept tier. Simply to ease the start a tiny bit and reduce the chance of your character getting killed early on. Also, balance-wise, the Inept tier is currently often more dangerous than Aspirant, because of the presence of bladed weapons but the total lack of decent armor (a leather tunic is probably the best you can get). I´m much more comfortable in Aspirant where I can wear gambeson, jacket and coat than I am in Inept despite the fact that it´s a tier lower.

3. Didn´t you say that you can bet your money on fights? I hope that´s still coming, because making money is currently painfully slow when you only get the set winnings of a match. I´d totally bet my money on my own fights, or even the fights of NPCs if I could watch.

4. I think the store could hold a few more items at a time, or at least get supplied with low-tier items a bit more often. It can be a really pain in the arse to wait for half an eternity before anything usable/affordable shows up.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.