Naming items?

should naming of items be added?

• Total voters

turtleman155

Insider
maybe as discussed before you could find an ancient sword in the underworld and restore to its former glory and its still just called "ancient sword" then you do something really cool with it like kill a tough demon or other enemy, kill a king or powerful thaumaturge and decide to name the sword after this act.
for instance you could name your ancient sword the "kingslayer " after you kill that pesky king and as for the problem of people calling their items stupid shit, well its a single player game (mostly) and thats their problem.

Fawz

Insider
Yeah actually that would be a pretty cool idea, it's minor but could be a lot of fun. It would be especially nice if you could carve the name into the hilt of the weapon or something, and then if you die and an NPC picks it up and you find it later on it'll be interesting to see where it ended up.

turtleman155

Insider
yeah retrieve your named sword :D it will make dying that much more painful and then you could hunt down your named sword its like your child getting all attached to it like that :)
now i just need to be able to paint/enamel armour and i will be immeasurably happy.

Last edited:

Arborus

Insider
Peasant Render
Ghoul bane
Man slayer
Heart finder
Shield render
Head cleaver
Meat tenderizer (if it's a hammer :p)
bone snapper
Wolfs bane
Silencer
Talon
Fang
butch's cleaver
death's reach

shield:
the wall/tower
bulwark
oak
stalwart
aegis

it think it's a marvelous idea it's sort of like in gnomoria where after slaying alot of enemie's your weapon becomes legendary with and get's named.

it's an awesome thing to have a little token to remind you of that awesome duel with that ghoul or knight which you barely survived but which you did and your blade get's named after that epic battle.

lvk

Insider
I loved naming items in Oblivion and Fire Emblem: Awakening. I hope it makes its entrance to Sui Generis, especially since items are story-relevant here. How cool would it be if an item you named yourself gained notoriety and made its way into folklore? Not to mention the places your item could end up if your character winds up dead.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I'm totally with the idea of naming items. There are only pros, no cons (at least that I've seen). And like someone said earlier, it would make dying all the more meaningful if you lost your favourite named weapon when you died, then finding it would probably be your first concern.
I've always found a game to be much more immersive when my weapon is part of my experience in the game. It becomes personified, and acts as more of a companion than a weapon. It gets broken? You must repair it, as you feel sympathy for it. It gets lost? You drop everything to find it. If you like roleplaying in games, a named weapon could act as a buddy that you speak to in a hallucinating sort of way.

cnileoleman

Insider
. If you like roleplaying in games, a named weapon could act as a buddy that you speak to in a hallucinating sort of way.
I can imagine my character giggling and whispering insanely while the townspeople look on with concern. This would also give me the choice to name it something really silly or something really awesome. Time to touch up on some celtic and gaelic. Possibly some Anglo-Saxon. I wonder if we'd also be able to etch and engrave personal weapons. *_*

Arborus

Insider
I'm totally with the idea of naming items. There are only pros, no cons (at least that I've seen). And like someone said earlier, it would make dying all the more meaningful if you lost your favourite named weapon when you died, then finding it would probably be your first concern.
I've always found a game to be much more immersive when my weapon is part of my experience in the game. It becomes personified, and acts as more of a companion than a weapon. It gets broken? You must repair it, as you feel sympathy for it. It gets lost? You drop everything to find it. If you like roleplaying in games, a named weapon could act as a buddy that you speak to in a hallucinating sort of way.
i agree i have the same thing in real life.
i'm really attached to my boxing gloves or jump rope. not because their the best equipment out there but because of "what i've been through with them" (sounds dramatic i know)

same with your favorite shirt or sweater.

i think it would give the game an extra layer of depth that gives the player motives to maybe not wear the best equipment out there but his favorite equipment.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I'd like to be able to use dyes to change the colour of clothing, equipment, etc. (like in Fable). This would be a relatively easy-to-implement system (hopefully, with my limited experience in the field) that would make the game much more immersive and customizable. IT would also make it so that not every character looks the same on the outside when they're wearing the same armour.

I'd like to be able to use dyes to change the colour of clothing, equipment, etc. (like in Fable). This would be a relatively easy-to-implement system (hopefully, with my limited experience in the field) that would make the game much more immersive and customizable. IT would also make it so that not every character looks the same on the outside when they're wearing the same armour.
I'm pretty sure that this is already a planned feature. It was discussed in the equipment kickstarter update.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.