"Must have" clothing and armor thread.

Syllabear3

It can be from esthetic to protection, but it has to be something that you completly need in the game to dress on your character.

Maybe it has been mentioned but i really want a
halfninjamask.jpg
It doesn't really need to be this good -no neck or ears or symbols-... but a half ninja mask with no defense (or maybe yes?) is a total must in this game. For pure esthetic reasons.

And this is another item i would love to have in this game is an expert helm like this
assualthelm.JPG

Roryn

Insider
And I want to triple-wield oversized, impractical, essentially useless flails.

Let's have a cheer for useless weapons!

Exanima post-release:

Capture.JPG

If you look closely, it seems they increase the number of weapon sets from 2 to 5 (leaked information from reliable and valid source))

Edit: Why did I create separate health bars? they already have health and thaumaturgy bars....

I'm going to say because they're supposed to be at the bottom.

Couldn't you just say that you want masks, wraps and other bits of cloth to wear on your head and face?

As for a suggestion though, how's about we got some Barsoom style stuff stuff since some of you people insist on fighting naked? I can't recall a single moment in that entire series where any character that wasn't a thern wore clothing that wasn't for necessity.

Homiccus

Couldn't you just say that you want masks, wraps and other bits of cloth to wear on your head and face?

As for a suggestion though, how's about we got some Barsoom style stuff stuff since some of you people insist on fighting naked? I can't recall a single moment in that entire series where any character that wasn't a thern wore clothing that wasn't for necessity.
I'd rather go with Fundoshi myself...

Syllabear3

I'd rather go with Fundoshi myself...
I aprove this post.

Just wanted half mask that doesnt bother other kind of head items.
It looks pretty neat. Try editing a pic with paint some of that and look by yourself.

Syllabear3

Well I meant more like I think a discussion about getting more wraps and masks would be better suited. or something like that.
I don't think it would be good idea adding so much stuff, there are plenty of clipping issues at this moment. Not sure if they can fix it ;c
Last fix was to cut chain coiff under helmets and looks awfuly gross.

Midcal9

I wouldn't mind an Arreat Face in Exanima, That actually be pretty sweet.
It seemed to look pretty cool back when I still could tolerate these silly fantasy designs. But Exanima's armor has a very strong accent on being either completely realistic or somewhat fantasy influenced. What would happen to your skull if someone were to struck this helmet with a downward chop/slash? Wouldn't those silly little wings function as a lever which will pull your skull to the side? Imagine the amount of stress and strain your neck would be under if someone were to employ any type of a pole weapon. Now that I think of it, I think I know what would happen if those wings on the helmet were tangible in game. Ever got your pole arm stuck in your enemy? Ever managed to hook your enemy with a pole arm or an axe?

Yeah no. No D2 designs please.

Syllabear3

I can't believe i am even reading that thing...
There are various ways to kill your oponent in this game even hitting them in their feet, but a silly wing in a helm would hurt our character neck.

Safety first.

Please...

Snoopbear

It's like Roman officer helmets or whatever, With the broom on the head, No tactical advantage, but pretty sweet nonetheless. Or eyepatches, loss of depth perception in exchange for looking like a total badass!

Homiccus

Crests were fixed on a semi-flexible mount and on top of the helmet, not at the sides. They fulfilled the same role as the elaborate heraldic crests on top of tournament helmets (ie. frog mouths or great helmets) - that is to identify the importance of the wearer (so that allied troops knew where to seek the officer during the chaos of the battle and the enemy archers had something pretty to aim at).
One might argue that there are existing examples of winged helmets, such as this winged lobster-tailed helmet (aka. zischagge) purportedly used by the Polish Hussars:
http://www.husaria.krakow.pl/images/Arsenal_szyszak_7.gif
However, these were ceremonial, used for example during state funerals of important people, and not in combat - a common misconception.

looking like a total badass!
Speaking about pointless addons to one's head, Epeen+ points for you if you can identify where this comes from:
http://orig14.deviantart.net/8bcd/f/2007/209/c/b/a_reason_for_a_crown_by_demonmads.jpg
:p

Midcal9

I can't believe i am even reading that thing...
There are various ways to kill your oponent in this game even hitting them in their feet, but a silly wing in a helm would hurt our character neck.

Safety first.

Please...
you're so fwunny! In this game weapons tend to get stuck in enemies. Especially axes and polearms. I caught a zombie once like that and manged to drag all around the room. Do you want that to happen to you cuz of your helmet?

Homiccus

This looks like Prussian helmet belonging to the "Prunk-Kürassiere" (translated loosely as "maginificent cuirassiers") of the "Garde-Kürassier-Regiment" ("The Grand Cuirassier Regiment" or "Guards Regiment"), a sort-of officer school of circa 1730s. I doubt it would ever be used in melee combat...
But it looks grand and magnificent enough, doesn't it? :)

This looks like Prussian helmet belonging to the "Prunk-Kürassiere" (translated loosely as "maginificent cuirassiers") of the "Garde-Kürassier-Regiment" ("The Grand Cuirassier Regiment" or "Guards Regiment"), a sort-of officer school of circa 1730s. I doubt it would ever be used in melee combat...
But it looks grand and magnificent enough, doesn't it? :)
I'm quite sure enough officers with pickelhauben were in the trenches when a raid happened during the first world war. and I get that something this ornate is more a dress uniform type thing. but you know, ornate helmets n such.

Midcal9

I'm quite sure enough officers with pickelhauben were in the trenches when a raid happened during the first world war. and I get that something this ornate is more a dress uniform type thing. but you know, ornate helmets n such.
http://www.militarytrader.com/military-trader-news/pickelhaube_german_spiked_helmet

Seems more of a fashion thing. As for the winged helmets, me thinks there are a lot of really cool fantasy-ish designs which would be both practical and designed in the spirit of Diablo2. I like the concept of the Crown, they could create a nice looking Corinthian helmet with a crown on top of it..and then make a sick looking ultra gothic sallet with a crown too!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.