Magic chests ?

Iscandar

It's not possible, no, but it is nostalgic. Almost all RPGs have this.

Also, I think I've seen a club by that name.

Don Kanaille

Insider
This wasn´t the case when all item placement was hand-made, but it was introduced along with randomized chests. You are right, the bill would not fit, and logically the only containers which should be able to hold polearms and two handed swords are the large drawers.

This wasn´t the case when all item placement was hand-made, but it was introduced along with randomized chests. You are right, the bill would not fit, and logically the only containers which should be able to hold polearms and two handed swords are the large drawers.
...But in that case there should be an option of vertical/horizontal placement of items (or rotating it)

I think item containers need to be a bit obscure. The less we think of the physicality behind inventory spaces, the stronger the illusion of our inventory being logical :p
I like your answer.
When I created this post I was like : I'll give a cookie to the one who says that it is because chests are a door to an obscure plan of the multiverse etc... :D

Bullethead

I think item containers need to be a bit obscure. The less we think of the physicality behind inventory spaces, the stronger the illusion of our inventory being logical :p
Also, it depends on the bill. The original version, an agricultural tool, such as a peasant would bring with him from home when called for military service, isn't more than about 4.5' (1.3m) long anyway, so doesn't require a really huge chest.

Ditch Blade.jpg

In the above., that's a 1m stick for scale. The pic was taken just minutes ago at the firestation I work at. Every 6 months, we have to use this bill (aka "ditch blade") for its original purpose to hack the jungle away from all our fire hydrants, so I just took the bill out of the back of our utility pickup truck (it will go across a full-size pickup bed with a few inches to spare). The design of this tool hasn't changed in like 1500 years. Gotta love it :).

Now OTOH, later in the Middle Ages they made specialized, for-the-purpose battlefield weapons with similar blades, sometimes with added spikes, on much longer poles, and still called it a bill. But the one in Exanima looks like the original peasant version like this.

Don Kanaille

Insider
Maybe we should introduce more specialized containers like those drawers or closed weapon stands which can contain a random selection of larger items while the regular chests only contain smaller items.

However, to be honest, the bill and maybe the special twohander are the only examples I can come up with. Unless I forgot something all other items would already physically fit anyways.

Elaxter

Insider
Adopting a Diablo-esque inventory system would work quite nicely; add the ability to rotate the weapon sprite to fit in a long box horizontally and you got a pretty good inventory system.

I actually enjoy the departure from the boring slots and tetris of diablo-like inventories. There should be some limit to what you can carry though.

NachoDawg

I actually enjoy the departure from the boring slots and tetris of diablo-like inventories. There should be some limit to what you can carry though.

I think there's plans of having items take up space. Like if you have "100 inventory space" and a helmet takes "5 inventory spaces" then you are using 5/100 inventory spaces, just without any visible slots

Guibou9

I actually like the fact that you can carry as much as you like. I mean, sure it's not very realistic but so convenient. I'd rather they keep it that way. Also if they keep it as is in ''Sui Generis'' it won't be too much trouble to bring back loot to your house from a far away land... Which is good.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.