Layers issue.

Peasant135

The issue here is not the chain coif clipping but rather the order of layers displayed in the game. I think the coif is supposed to fall freely over the chest armor rather than being tucked in under the shoulder straps like it is now.

Pc Genie

I agree cosmetically, a coif should rest over other armour so it doesn't clip and displays its full glory. Practically however, I imagine points slipping under a coif would be highly undesirable. and I'd rather set a brigandine or cuirass over the top of the coif so the mail can act like a flexible gorget.

You know what a really bad layer issue is? Gambesons over mail! I'll make a dedicated thread to that atrocity.

Peasant135

Yet historically they were worn hung loosely over the chest armor:

I'm not versed well enough in these matters to explain the exact reasons of why they did it, but I believe that they had good reasons to do so athough there was a risk of blade slipping underneath. Maybe with a coif as long as this, it becomes unlikely enough to happen that they considered the mobility bonus well worth it?

Homiccus

Coif slipped under the cuirass would not work as flexible gorget unless you 'pull' a considerable amount of mail 'loose', which in turn creates unsightly folds. Mail weave does not stretch diagonally very well, hence you'd have many problems trying to turn your head or lift it. Been there, done that, my neck still hurts at the mere thought of repeating it... :D

I fully agree with the OP.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.