I don't know if this was the intended solution...

Sordid

...but it flipping worked! :p

Now onward, to adventure!

Edit: And then my character fell through the floor and died after loading a save game. Goddammit, this game really needs a normal save function instead of this autosaving nonsense. I've had to restart half a dozen times already because the physics engine occasionally freaks out and randomly kills me like that and I'm still only in the first level.

Last edited:

Murf

Nice thing about these traps and puzzles, is that there is more than one way to get past them :)

NachoDawg

Goddammit, this game really needs a normal save function instead of this autosaving nonsense. I've had to restart half a dozen times already because the physics engine occasionally freaks out and randomly kills me like that and I'm still only in the first level.
NOooo it doesnt! Your character is your character. he's all there is. Leave the game and come back to where you left him. Losing him is losing your game. Personally, the checkpoints are a stretch in my book :p

Sordid

NOooo it doesnt! Your character is your character. he's all there is. Leave the game and come back to where you left him. Losing him is losing your game. Personally, the checkpoints are a stretch in my book :p
Yeah, that's great in theory, right up to the moment when your character randomly dies through no fault of your own because the physics system freaked out (as all physics simulations tend to do, e.g. loose items in Skyrim flying up and injuring you when you step on them). IMO only games that are absolutely bulletproof in terms of gameplay mechanics can afford a combination of autosave and permadeath. If there's even the slightest possibility that you might die for a reason other than your own mistake, there needs to be the option of undoing such a death.

Elaxter

Insider
Odd. I've never experienced random objects killing me due to the system "freaking out." Must be when you're walking on those planks above that gap :p

Tony

Insider
Wouldn't puzzle sections like this one we rather arbitrary once displacement spells are in?
Only for those whom learn displacement thaumaturgy. Not all characters will know all types of thaumaturgy. Upon character creation you will select one type of thaumaturgy as your innate form which you will excel at. While you will be able to learn other types it will be more difficult than your innate ability.

NachoDawg

Hehe, and I guess I wouldn't feel clever for specializing in displacement thaums for the puzzle's sake, the first time I run into a situation I can't displace myself into victory from

Zoltan

Supporter
Nice, I passed that pit the same way, but it was just a tad annoying to move the longer planks to that location.

That's what I used to do, I'd just bring almost all the stretchers and benches just like that and make a bridge all the way across.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.