Hatred - what to think?

-Tim-

Insider
I'm conflicted about this upcoming game. Curious to know what you guys think about it. Trailer (18+):

Interesting social experiment or violence in gaming gone too far?

Last edited:

Parco

it hasnt gone far enough :p
i can see myself enjoying this game, its kinda like hotline miami, just better graphics. i wonder how fast you get killed in this game / how much skill is needed.

Pilluminati

Insider
I don't think some moral police should be deciding what game can or can't be made. The outrage is kind of hypocritical when GTA is exactly the same thing, this just has a darker theme. If people don't want to play it they really don't have to. Probably won't play myself either because it doesn't look that fun.

burgzaza

Insider
Postal 2 released a new "week" extention recently, haven't played it but looks as stupid and fun as the original. Hatred looks really diferent, a lot darker. Not my cup of tea.
Entirely agree Pilluminati.

The violence aside, this looks like a bad game to me. You can run around killing helpless civilians in GTA and it's fun for maybe 30 seconds. You can't make a whole game about that.

Inb4 it inspires some dumb kid to run around and shoot a few people, and the press jumps all over it declaring that all video games are devilish.

lvk

Insider
I like that they've picked something dangerous, and the trailer works for conveying that. Most developers wouldn't dare make a game like this for the reception alone. But you can't tell from the trailer at all what the gameplay is like besides shooting people. Since there's a lot of killing animations shown in the trailer, I'd guess it's mostly that.

Scarecrow

Insider
I'm not bothered by the game at all. I have read some of the controversy surrounding the game, but to me its as simple as this: Play it if you like, if not then dont play it. Really is as simple as that. Why would it bother you that someone else plays this game, you know? I probably wont play the game, it doesn't lok particularly fun, but others should go right ahead if they want. Who am I to judge?

Also, there exist much more disturbing games than this. Some of the Silent Hills games, anyone? Thats some disturbing shit right there (Not implying Silent Hills should be off limits or anything, they are great games). Hatred is just some mindless violence, which pretty much everyone does from time to time in GTA, as already stated by others. People just need to grow up to be honest. Not everyone shares your opinion, and just because you find a game "sickening" doesn't mean that others should be kept from playing it, or that you should try to force your opinions down someones throat.

Lathspell

sufficiently misantropic and coward to pick up a gun and do it in real life...or maybe it game was though for pseudo conflictive rebel teenagers who believe themselves badass

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.