Google SketchUp Designs

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I've decided to start modelling again, and I really loved using SketchUp as it's just my type of program, since I've only just started again I've not got a portfolio to show you, but I will be updating this with many pictures and videos of work I'll be doing. Most of it will be untextured, Just your typical grey.

nox

Insider
Look neat, keep going! :D
I also wanna learn to 3D model, stupid school making me wait till second year to learn 3D modeling... right now we are learning business modeling :(

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Look neat, keep going! :D
I also wanna learn to 3D model, stupid school making me wait till second year to learn 3D modeling... right now we are learning business modeling :(
Google Sketchup is free and is a good starter for learning how to get models right, sometimes you get something right and sometimes you don't, you just have to keep trying different things.

If you're a student, you can get access to all sorts of software from autodesk for a limited time (18 months) and for free. You can't publish anything, however. These programs include 3ds Max and Maya.

Rob

Nice work MrIDK :D

I completely agree with Google SketchUp being a really quick and easy-to-use software package suitable for personal prototyping. In fact, I've been using it to draft a few ideas for my next PC design:
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Nothing special, but my point is that SketchUp is very convenient for this sort of purpose.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Love it Rob! After purchasing Overgrowth Pre-order (what a game it is), its focused mainly on combat, there's no story yet or anything, just pure fighting, fighting rabbits and massive jumps, mid air kicks and real physics just makes it a pleasure to play. I'm currently making objects for a level I want to make.

Reactions: nox

Rob

Yeah, overgrowth looks great. I've seen the videos that Wakko posted in the Wounds Limbs and Gore thread, which looked awesome. Haven't pre-ordered yet, but I can imagine I will be doing so at some point...

nox

Insider
I've been following Overgrowth for a very long time, and I played Lugaru back in the days :p It's gonna be awesome :D I look forward to playing your level MrIDK :D

Nice design on the computer Rob, looks like it's gonna be a beast! :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.