Forum Feedback

Fawz

Insider
A spoiler function where it collapse a block of text and is opened with a click by the viewer would indeed be an awesome addition.

Brendan

Developer
Can I ask if anything is happening to the reply box with iOS devices? I can't use any of the functions like Bold, Italics. Everything doesn't appear accept the reply button.

Thanks.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the forum software we're using (Xenforo), the current editor doesn't work at all on mobile devices... There are add-ons / different editors we could install that do work, but I tried a couple and wasn't very happy with the results. A new version of Xenforo is due out soon (it's in beta at the moment) which comes with a new editor that's fully compatible with mobile devices, so we'll upgrade to that as soon it's released. Should be done in the next month or so.

We don't seem to have a spoiler function?
We could use a spoiler function.

Would make huge posts with lots of different categories much easier to read.
A spoiler function where it collapse a block of text and is opened with a click by the viewer would indeed be an awesome addition.
Good idea. There are solutions we could implement now, but they're not particularly elegant without some integration effort which would be wasted on the new version as it comes with a completely different editor. Once we've upgraded I'll get something in place ASAP.

Yngvald

Insider
First, I want to say that this is by far the most aesthetically pleasing and usable forum I've seen for quite some time, it furthermore fits perfectly to the atmosphere you've accomplished with Sui Generis. Apart from the "account" popup being perhaps a little too crowded, there is only one obvious complaint, and it's superficial at best.

It's how the website displays what page you are on in a thread like this. The distinction between the current page and all of the others is so subtle that you have to strain the eyes in order to be able to make a distinction, if even then. The intuitive thing would be to make it visually obvious. For an instance: Make sure the number of the current age is bold, and this issue would be over with in an instant.

Thank you for an overall top notch website!

BrecMadak

Insider
Is there any way to change the default font type to another which I always use ? So that I would not have to change it for each message I write.

Brendan

Developer
First, I want to say that this is by far the most aesthetically pleasing and usable forum I've seen for quite some time, it furthermore fits perfectly to the atmosphere you've accomplished with Sui Generis. Apart from the "account" popup being perhaps a little too crowded, there is only one obvious complaint, and it's superficial at best.

It's how the website displays what page you are on in a thread like this. The distinction between the current page and all of the others is so subtle that you have to strain the eyes in order to be able to make a distinction, if even then. The intuitive thing would be to make it visually obvious. For an instance: Make sure the number of the current age is bold, and this issue would be over with in an instant.

Thank you for an overall top notch website!

Thanks, glad you like it! You're right the current page distinction wasn't clear at all, should be better now. What do you mean by the account popup?

Is there any way to change the default font type to another which I always use ? So that I would not have to change it for each message I write.

There isn't I'm afraid, the default is a global setting.

How does one tag somebody in a post? Is it possible? So far, I've just been quoting a post they wrote somewhere else so that they get notified that way. Am I missing something? :confused:

Btw, this is a minor issue. I've only wanted to tag someone in a thread that they weren't already involved in a few times, so it's not a big deal

BrecMadak

Insider
And, what followers to actually do since it seems as a feature that exist in our control panel, but acts like rather not being ? Shouldn't the forum alert me when one of my following posts, but it does not. Any explanation to this ? :confused:

Brendan

Developer
How does one tag somebody in a post? Is it possible? So far, I've just been quoting a post they wrote somewhere else so that they get notified that way. Am I missing something? :confused:

Btw, this is a minor issue. I've only wanted to tag someone in a thread that they weren't already involved in a few times, so it's not a big deal
Thanks for the fast reply Brendan. Now I'd like to ask you, may we (as far as I know no one knows) learn how to use spoiler feature ?

Tagging users is a feature added with the new version of Xenforo and spoiler tag support is something I can add once the upgrade is done. There's a good stable release of the new version out now so I'm going to go ahead with the upgrade either later today or tomorrow.

And, what followers to actually do since it seems as a feature that exist in our control panel, but acts like rather not being ? Shouldn't the forum alert me when one of my following posts, but it does not. Any explanation to this ? :confused:

Following people doesn't actually generate alerts, it just adds their posts to 'Your News Feed'.

I take it it's still in the process of updating so that's why some functionality is missing. But I have to say, the new page buttons, while they stand out more than before, are a little garish. The "Staff Member" ribbons are pretty nice though.

Komuflage

Insider
Yeah still in the process of upgrading... the editor is missing and the colours/borders are off at the moment. Will be sorted by tomorrow.
Congratz on ur first post, mr creepy robot forum crawler.
(I cant use the "eek" smiley, finish update already)

PS. It also says "Members, Guest, Robots" in the "Members online now" window

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.