Fantasy book thread!

I was just wondering if anyone here ever read the triology "The Deed of Paksenarrion" (Sheepfarmer's Daughter, Divided Allegiance and Oath of Gold). I just completed it and sort of loved it, lol. The 3 books were published roughly 30 years ago and I just ordered the sequels which were published just a couple years ago.

I was just wondering if anyone here read them. If so, discuss? :p If not, share some of you favourite fantasy novels, books or short stories with us!

(inb4 LOTR and the Hobbit)

Fawz

Insider
I haven't read/heard of that series but i'll take a look.

I read a lot of books and fantasy might be my favourite genre.

To me the greatest author is David Gemmell with his first book, Legend, being one of the best.

Mhm. I might have to look into that. I've started to read lots of books approximately 3 years ago and I'm at a point where I've read a lot of books that were on my bucket list sorta say. Fantasy is probably my favourite genre too (go figure lol).

I bought the Deed of paksenarrion cause I had a looooooooooooooooooooot of time to kill due to public transportation. It's around 1200 pages long, lots of focus on the militaristic side of things which is nice. The author, Elizabeth Moon, is stellar.

cnileoleman

Insider
One great fantasy writer I've come across is Brent Weeks. He has two series that I know of, The Night Angel Trilogy and the Lightbringer series. Both are set in separate worlds, though both are dark and gritty. (I love it) He somehow manages to create not just one unique system of magic, but two. In a way both of them are similar to thaumaturgy. The Talent (Night Angel) isn't used to cast fireballs and lightning, but is used with tact. For instance, blocking a strike and using your off-hand to send a small spark of numbing energy into their weapon hand. Lightbringer features Luxin, turning light into something that can be manipulated. (Light Thaumaturgy anyone?)

Anyway, I encourage you to give them a read. :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.