Exanima - SG crossover!

HopeDIV

Insider
Regarding the "abandoned and damaged being", I suspect it's a reference to the source of the SG PC's ability to reincarnate (It sends "ancient weapons to walk among the people", sounds like a great description for 100% immortal beings!). The Guardian of the Underworld is likely what's driving the Thaumaturges mad as suggested by a lot of scrolls in Exanima. Thaven and the necromancer are likely the first victims of its spreading influence. If it's power is extending into the Overworld too, it's likely not so much "damaged" as "growing way too powerful to contain"! He's more likely the "impending threat" that woke up the PC's deity.
Perhaps, but we know that the "Hero" of lv4 slayed something, it would not surprise me if he failed and only damaged that being. Maybe a struggle ensued or whatnot. however its safe to say I don't think the people of Exanima's current day hold a candle to those that ventured into the underground. So if it does indeed awake, damaged or not, I would suspect it will have no problem with the worlds current peoples, save for a few thaumaturges. Given that line of reasoning I don't think we have much reason to suspect a PC deity or greater powers than the Guardian, yet atleast. Exanima is not complete, I suspect our perspectives will change a lot in the next few levels.

bobchaos

Its all open to interpretation at this point, but you all seem to assume the Guardian is slumbering for some reason, while the necromancer makes it clear his mind is under perpetual assault while in the Underworld. Slumbering gods don't do that o_O

Also, the hero killed "gods", plural, so they're probably not talking about the Guardian. I suspect the "gods" kept the Guardian at bay and their death gave it an opening to send Sir and push the cult out of the Underworld.

Last edited:

HopeDIV

Insider
Its all open to interpretation at this point, but you all seem to assume the Guardian is slumbering for some reason, while the necromancer makes it clear his mind is under perpetual assault while in the Underworld. Slumbering gods don't do that o_O

Also, the hero killed "gods", plural, so they're probably not talking about the Guardian. I suspect the "gods" kept the Guardian at bay and their death gave it an opening to send Sir and push the cult out of the Underworld.
Hey, maybe its so powerful it does that even sleeping :p. But yes you are correct it does say gods, its been quite a long time since I've done a proper run. Oh well Hopefully we have at-least some answers by level 14, but for now it is indeed a very open lore.

ThommiX

I think the guardian is very much awake and caused all this after the thaumaturge's/necromancer's went too far. Thats why they died too. Since most of the people were horrified to what they were doing to the bodies/living people,questioning the morale of their actions. People before were there to gain more power. Something went wrong and the guardian awoke. Sir might be one of his "champions". Also it could be that the Guardian itself woke up all the undead. The hospital,was it on level 2, describes that the patients had lacerations and bite wounds from a huge beast. Description fits and this also means that both sides were alive at same time. There is a mention of a war too,that we(dunno what side the writer means) won. Eventually though everyone has died and undead risen,could be though that there is some necromancer still alive deeper who raised those. Then again,someone outside knows the place and keeps sending people in and the reason isn't clearing the undead.
So,they woke up guardian,it sent forth its own champions,necros/thauma's fought back and eventually lost.

Davidclaix

Greetings there, like-minded Californians! Excited to reveal the launch of my novel drywall repair business catering to homes along the coast. 🌊 Whether you're in San Diego, Los Angeles, or anywhere in between, my team and I are here to handle all your drywall woes. From minor repairs to major renovations, we've got the competencies and expertise to handle it all. Plus, we understand the particular challenges that come with living near the ocean, so you can rely on us to provide answers that last. Give us a call if you seek any repairs—we're prepared to roll up our sleeves and get to work! 💪

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.