Exanima Hotfix 0.4.3.4

Madoc

Project Lead
So you keep complaining the game is too easy, don't worry, we hear you. Jokes aside, those arena fighters are still learning the new combat system but they're making progress. Hopefully the experts at least will be keeping you a little closer to the edge of your seat. The combat should feel less frantic and more tactical but also challenging in a good way.

We've done some work on fixing parrying and blocking, it could probably do with more work but it should already be a big improvement. If you notice specific parries are unreliable let us know. Bear in mind that you still need to do your part by facing the incoming blow, you can't block blows to your back or sides. Shield blocking in particular should be working much better and lighter shields now allow for more "nimble" blocking than the heavier ones.

There are some WIP / experimental things going on in the background but hopefully there's nothing terribly wrong with this hotfix! If you notice anything odd be sure to lets us know!

Account page link.

Murf

Shields are definitely improved in combat. Does shield size make a difference now besides the 'nimble' part as far as what type dmg and how much it can absorb? I know blows can still glance off and hit a body part causing dmg. Just wondering if I should stick with the barrel lid for decent coverage or not ? :D

Vold

Insider
The 5th Expert Arena Enemy is harder now, his blocking improved a lot. I like it. :D

Last edited:

tybality

Insider
hi,
i have an error message that popped during the fight in the arena saying : " Player behavior connections error..." (something like that)
this never happened before this fix.
And thanks for your hard work :)

Murf

hi,
i have an error message that popped during the fight in the arena saying : " Player behavior connections error..." (something like that)
this never happened before this fix.
And thanks for your hard work :)
Think that one has been reported. Always better to put bugs and errors in the Bugs and tech thread under the insider forum

Pancakez54

Insider
Harder arena enemies, sweet

Edit: Can already tell this version is a lot better. Staggering looks much better and I'm parrying more frequently.

Any chance you could add a thingy that tells us the weight of each shield in their description?

Last edited:
I feel like it takes too many clicks to get back into the arena after you've died. After you die there's an "Exit" button at the bottom of the screen to go back to the menus; can we get a 'restart' button by the exit button, this button would take you back to level one of the arena you died in with the gear you died in.

AiChichi

Insider
I feel like it takes too many clicks to get back into the arena after you've died. After you die there's an "Exit" button at the bottom of the screen to go back to the menus; can we get a 'restart' button by the exit button, this button would take you back to level one of the arena you died in with the gear you died in.
Support that! I've been thinking about it many times..

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.