Exanima Beta 0.6.1.2 - Blood!

Madoc

Project Lead
We've just updated the beta version (for everyone), with some nice new blood effects. Characters now get bloodied when seriously wounded. The blood will appear along the wound inflicted by the weapon and according to the spray of blood generated by the wound.

Currently changing what a character is wearing will remove all blood from their bodies. This will be addressed, but the blood is nice a addition despite this flaw.

Changes in 0.6.1.2

• Added blood effects to characters
  • Fixed some issues with blood effects on weapons
  • Added a "Sprint" dash option. Dash only when holding the Sprint key
  • Numerous fixed and tweaks

Account page link

said

OMG! This is what I was waiting for. It looks great on characters. The splatter on impact still looks a little weird though.

Are you guys planning to make the blood splatter on surfaces and other characters as well?

Last edited:

konggary

OMG! This is what I was waiting for. It looks great on characters. The splatter on impact still looks a little weird though.

Are you guys planning to make the blood splatter on surfaces and other characters as well?
Continuing on, will the blood be static? An open wound continues to bleed, generally getting everywhere. I haven't had the opportunity to try it, but how is the blood with plate armor? Logically, the person would bleed from beneath, dripping out of the cracks.

Perhaps an open wound to an artery could bleed stamina and red damage slowly.

One way or another, it looks really good as it is now. I love the glistening effect it has.

There seems to be an issue here. At least with mine. I'm guessing every time the new blood splatter animation is triggered, a huge glitch happens. The whole screen is taken up by a piece of whoever had the splatter enable to's body, which spreads over the entire screen, then slowly moves so you can see some weird thing on the ground, like a tree, sorta, but it's the npc that got splattered. The fight is unable to end, and though I hit pieces of them, repeatedly, and hear their moans over it, they don't die lmao

Edit: Caught a box with an error on it. 'Object overflow, 12RUArm' I've tried re-downloading the game from this site, same as Steam version. Someone just explodes into a huge screen-hogging glitch-mess, in every single fight, and they end up invincible.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hyomoto

Insider
Wow, I said this before but the combat in Sui Generis is very visceral. I guess that 'feeling' the weight of your blows is the big contributor, you can understand how hard a hit is visually, but damn, I say this with a morbid respect: this makes it almost upsetting. I just uppercut someone directly in the face sending blood spraying everywhere and they crumpled to the ground. Earlier I managed a similar trick with an axe to the forehead. If the combat had a high level of immediacy before, it definitely does now that a slash to your side comes with more than just a slip of your life bar.

burgzaza

Insider
Bloody ! :D

An excellent start to the gore, feels mutch better, and it really shows well where we got hit, or were we hit foes.
It actually helped me to understand that I got hit "behind" my plate leggings where the "clips" are. Handy !
It also help to see if an enemy ( or ally ! :D ) is wounded !
Very cool.

Something I thought of, It would be interesting that blood appears in proportion of red damages inflicted.

RobG

Insider
where can i download the beta?
Account page on here, or you might need to select 'opt into betas' in the properties menu on steam that should get you this version!

Huatim

Insider
This game is getting f**** amazing. Great job devs... I ill show the game to some friends today, i am spreading the word since the kickstarter but soon it will be trivial, because the game is solid and groundbreaking as hell and will break in the media webs of vgames like a rocket!

Sometimes I dream playing with a friend in lan, the main game or the arena... when will my dreams become reality?

I am sure the devs play multiplayer all days:D:D:p
The best thing about multiplayer is that you will never be bored or waiting new patches. I know that devs are working hard, so when they launch it we will give them a break. We will be too busy in co-op and specially PvPing.

Edit: a gif for bloody patch.

http://gph.is/1ZbZMS8

Last edited:

Ketoh

Continuing on, will the blood be static? An open wound continues to bleed, generally getting everywhere. I haven't had the opportunity to try it, but how is the blood with plate armor? Logically, the person would bleed from beneath, dripping out of the cracks.

Perhaps an open wound to an artery could bleed stamina and red damage slowly.

One way or another, it looks really good as it is now. I love the glistening effect it has.
Personally I'm not too sure about blood dripping out of armor. Let's say a NPC has full plate head to toe, you would have to bludgeon them to death. It would be impossible to penetrate armor with a slash. Although when thrusting gets added it would be a possibility?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.