Exanima 0.6 Released

Tony

Insider
I think all in all the devs, and also you Tony, should've put some of those ''limited resources'' towards taking a course in public relations.
*Holds up a mirror* perhaps reread your posts and consider taking your own advice. Ever hear the saying: "treat others how you'd like to be treated"? Purchasing a game does not give the customer a right to be disrespectful, entitled, make demands, command the devs to do things, etc. As I mentioned before: making helpful suggestions and giving constructive feedback is useful and likely to be taken into consideration but your posts contained neither of these -- just baseless accusations, contradictions, rudeness and complaints.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Taking courses on how to kiss peoples asses and bullshit them is certainly more important than working on the game though ;d

Eiyer

Hey guys, I just bought the game a couple days ago...been enjoying it immensely. Getting to where I can kill a couple people in the Arena now...that Pole Arm is hard to beat...I wish Shields had more interactivity. Maybe make it so holding a button allows you to use physics with your shield arm...Shield bash/manual block would be great. Are there any plans on updating any time soon? Would like to see more arena features if you have any planned.

Tony

Insider
Hey guys, I just bought the game a couple days ago...been enjoying it immensely. Getting to where I can kill a couple people in the Arena now...that Pole Arm is hard to beat...I wish Shields had more interactivity. Maybe make it so holding a button allows you to use physics with your shield arm...Shield bash/manual block would be great. Are there any plans on updating any time soon? Would like to see more arena features if you have any planned.
More combat maneuvers are planned (including shield bashes and being able to hold your shield up to block manually) and yes, the arena mode does have additional features planned for it. However, the next major update being worked on is for the story mode (it'll include another story level, dialogue mechanics, etc.).

Eiyer

Nice, I'm not rushing, just noticed it hadn't been updated in a while, was loving it and was hoping more was in store. Don't really care what gets updated when so long as updates are coming...can't wait to see what SG is going to bring us...I hadn't heard of either of these games until my wife bought me a 20 dollar steam card for some random reason, and I was looking for a good RPG to play on the 20 under list and found this...instantly in love. I haven't been able to make it far in either the story or the arena, so I honestly don't have much input other than I love the combat system even though I get completely rekt so quick...not sure how to fight good with a torch, and can't really see if I use a weapon, lol...I like my shield, which may hurt me. Dang barrel lid, lol.

Uxigadur

My only critic to the game development is that communication seems to be a little bit in too many places. But having said that each update has been solid and price/value(fun) the game is already great.

And yet i can't wait!!!! :p

Peiblit

Hi!
I´m a SG KS backer. While I agree that being a purchaser doesn´t give anyone the right to bully the developers, I'd appreciate some feedback. It will be very helpful if you merely copy-pasted the updates posted here and sent it as a message to the backers. I acknowledge that you´re working full-time to make a great game, but sending it would take like 2 minutes and it will spare some criticism.
In any case, I'm glad it's moving on.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Well, hopefully Madoc gets around to finishing the KS update after next patch for Exanima comes out. It is taking a while precisely because they are making everything to support the ambitious goals for SG as well and not only Exanima(the AI systems in particular).

So it will probably be a good time to do some update on KS regarding that. It will still take a few weeks i imagine though.

Rompuz

I've been lurking here for over a year this is my first post. There seems to be a ton of salt in this forum gonna need a hazmat suit to handle the toxicity up in here. Any news on the next update for Examina or news about SG?

asdorn

I've been lurking here for over a year this is my first post. There seems to be a ton of salt in this forum gonna need a hazmat suit to handle the toxicity up in here. Any news on the next update for Examina or news about SG?
The details we have are it is coming "soon". It has a lot to do with AI, which is why it is taking so long; since the AI in this game is going to be very complex. Other things that I have heard are a new terrain system and a new level.

Exanima is a prelude to Sui Generis. Basically this means that the Dev's are creating all of the technology and functions that will be in SG. Think of Exanima as an interactive Developer blog that also happens to be it's own game.

J X

My character's journal is written-up to make him look like a jerk-off butt monkey.

I'm stuck on the floor with the Troll and the round table thing, and my character is actually TRAPPED in the room that connects the Troll's dramatic entrance way (the hallway with the bathroom) to the room with the round table, and he's with the table & chair, with a door infront of him that's on the side of the round-table room.

He's trapped because the ai bugged-out, and now I have the troll blocking one of the doors, and for the other door is a sp00ky sc@ry skeleton in badass elite armor... And I can't get out. So what did I do? I wrote my character's story in the journal told from a first-person perspective... And it's this sarcastic funny short thing that I crapped-out of scared boredom, and it ends-up looking like something anyone in the game dungeon could have actually wrote on a scroll.

This was about 2014-ish? After that, I quit Exanima for a while and forgot that I wrote it.

I actually thought I picked- up a scroll in game, abd it's just this thing that I wrote a few years ago.

I managed to troll myself from beyond time and space. Top lel.

Last edited:

Holy.Death

Insider
The details we have are it is coming "soon". It has a lot to do with AI, which is why it is taking so long; since the AI in this game is going to be very complex.
I hope it's related to some form of communication as it's one of the aspects an RPG should have when it comes to interacting with the world.

Even some rudimentary system would do, as long as it allows player and AI to share "ideas" between them. Complex dialogues and voiced lines (as nice as they are, coming from someone who admires the script and voice acting of the Legacy of Kain series) are really not needed. Crusader Kings 2 is a very good example of a game rich in story and relations, while barely having any dialogues at all.

As for the last two pages - just make sure that "Updates & Release Notes" section is more visible, as it provides direct info about the progress and the current state of Exanima. The home page is really outdated and that's where I would put it.

Avramovic

Supporter
Played around, after a long hiatus... managed to beat Sir in head to head, no confided spaces, no funny stuff, even though he -WAS- beating me around like a raw steak. For him, zweihander is The Law.

For those big ugly mofos with oversized halberds, however, Lucerne Hammer is The Law. I mean, I've had so much fun with that thing in Arena back in the day that I affectionately named it "Can opener"... because it does that, it opens tin cans with people inside of them.

Obligatory 'pics or you're full of shit': https://i.imgur.com/j9KlhAg.png

I might be a slow learner, but I learn. And then I go back and repay my debts. ALWAYS.

Dasaki

I'm glad Exanima is such a big success but what of your initial project Sui Generis. I've not seen anything up on YouTube since exanima shield combat was shown off.

Roryn

Insider
I'm glad Exanima is such a big success but what of your initial project Sui Generis. I've not seen anything up on YouTube since exanima shield combat was shown off.
It's being worked on at the same time as Exanima. Progress on Exanima = progress on Sui Generis. It'll be released after Exanima.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.