Exanima 0.6.3 (public beta)

Madoc

Project Lead
A big update was due out today, but we haven't quite managed to complete it in time. We know many of you were expecting an update, and though it's not complete it is already in a playable state. There are also many improvements to the game in general. So, for those of you who can't wait a little longer, we've put it up as an optional beta download, accessible to everyone.

There are still some issues, particularly with the new content, there are also areas that are inaccessible or incomplete and some features of the environment are not yet included. Playing through the content now means you will have to eventually restart at the portal to play it in its complete state.

Your current saves will revert to before the portal if you've already gone through it, this will reset the 4th level which now provides access to the new area and features other improvements.

Here's a changelog for this beta version:
  • Huge new map to explore, roughly as large as the first 3 levels combined
  • New environment, encounters and mechanics
  • Many new items
  • Advanced lightning / electricity
  • New itemisation features
  • Improved environment reflections
  • Improved shadows
  • Improved post-processing and atmospherics
  • New lighting engine features and effects
  • Improved animation
  • Improved footwork and movement
  • More realistic character balance behaviour
  • Improved character articulation physics
  • Improved equipment graphics
  • More accurate weapon balance and mass
  • Weapon specific swing behaviour
  • Increased zoom levels
  • New music
  • Graphical improvements to some existing levels
  • Pausing the game now pauses all sound effects
  • Improved visuals on Intel HD Graphics
  • Many bug fixes and small enhancements

Account page link

Knave

Holy fast-pacing, Batman! Battles suddenly seem short but much more intense and realistic. Fighters actually seem to know what they're doing and they hit harder than ever. Really good job with this one.

carminety

How do I access the new content? do i need to start a new character? I already have one right before the portal but i cannot find anything new in the 4th level?

Tyon

Currently trying to figure out a countermeasure, the first thing you should do is try and get them to separate if they attack you in pairs, since fighting two of those things at once is just suicide. I have managed to take one down with the 2 handed sword from level 3, and then I tried a mace/shield combo and got my ass handed to me.

Tony

Insider
How do I access the new content? do i need to start a new character? I already have one right before the portal but i cannot find anything new in the 4th level?
The entrance to level 5 is close to the start of level 4. After going through the portal the first chance you get head directly east and you should run into a locked gate which is the entrance to level 5.

carminety

The entrance to level 5 is close to the start of level 4. After going through the portal the first chance you get head directly east and you should run into a locked gate which is the entrance to level 5.
thank you! Completely walked right past it and cleared level 4 hah

Mati9319

Supporter
HOLY HELL GODDAMIT!!!

My story mode save got erased while opening the game after the update. Fortunately, I made a backup right before playing, so I was able to get my file not erased by placing it back in the folder with the game still running. It loaded, but then the following message appeared: Could not retrieve player discovery data or something like that. After I crossed through the portal, Level 4 was not reset (even bodies were still there the way I left them) and there's no access to any new area :(

Maybe it's worth mentioning that way before this update after clearing Level 4 of all enemies and loot, I moved back to Level 3 near the portal in order to be prepared for Level 4 being updated.

I really don't feel like moving through all previous levels again.

Saetheer

Insider
HOLY HELL GODDAMIT!!!

My story mode save got erased while opening the game after the update. Fortunately, I made a backup right before playing, so I was able to get my file not erased by placing it back in the folder with the game still running. It loaded, but then the following message appeared: Could not retrieve player discovery data or something like that. After I crossed through the portal, Level 4 was not reset (even bodies were still there the way I left them) and there's no access to any new area :(

Maybe it's worth mentioning that way before this update after clearing Level 4 of all enemies and loot, I moved back to Level 3 near the portal in order to be prepared for Level 4 being updated.

I really don't feel like moving through all previous levels again.
I did the same as you. Didnt matter. Still found the gate, described by Tony

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.