Dark Souls II announced; PC version confirmed

Komuflage

Insider
What's the fun in backtracking just to get one item you forgot?
Why would you have to backtrack? if you find a armour, set but have to much items on you, you need to decide whatever you want to ignore it, or sacrifice some other item you got on you. Then you continue forward to the next bonfire. So no backtracking at all.

Scarecrow

Insider
I mean, its each to his own. I for one did not like the item burden in Demons Souls, and i was glad they removed it in Dark Souls. However, in other games, i think it fits better and im glad its there. For example in Sui Generis, im glad that there is a limit to how much you can carry in your backpack. I think it fits the game. I liked that you couldn't carry everything you found in TES (Although you could carry a ridiculous high amount. There were still limits though). But again, in the Souls games i generally don't want it, just due to the nature of the game. I really enjoy the challenging and hard nature of the game, but please don't force me to backtrack a lot, and don't force me to leave an awesome equipment set alone just because i don't have adequate item space/item burden.

Reactions: Tom

Parco

one thing that annoyed me in in DS was that i never knew what i was about to pick up, so i ended up in the end with alot of trash items and because i could stack up unlimited with items i almost never bothered tossing anything away, well it did serve some good late in game anyway since i could sell all my trash to Frampt for a little amount of souls. but i still think it would add more to the game if it had item burden, your inventory would be "cleaner" and you would have to take alot more decisions as you continued your adventure, and also maybe you would get more souls from frampt. i got no problem with backtracking, if you have to backtrack then that means you made a bad decision about what to bring with you before you continued and its your own fault you have to go back again to make space for the item you want.

about the early warping in DS2, im not so sure i will like that. well i havent played it yet so i dont know yet how it will be. i liked that you didnt get it until late in DS, when you first got it then you mostly been everywhere, before that then you would have to fight your way back again in the levels, doing the levels in "revers", i liked that.

Komuflage

Insider
i got no problem with backtracking, if you have to backtrack then that means you made a bad decision about what to bring with you before you continued and its your own fault you have to go back again to make space for the item you want.
This is actually not possible, because; even with item burden, backtracking would not be necessary. The thing is that if you got back to a bonfire to make room for the item you want, the item will disappear: If you leave loot on the ground, it'll disappear of you sit by a bonfire.

about the early warping in DS2, im not so sure i will like that. well i havent played it yet so i dont know yet how it will be. i liked that you didnt get it until late in DS, when you first got it then you mostly been everywhere, before that then you would have to fight your way back again in the levels, doing the levels in "revers", i liked that.
Completely agree. Warping (quick travelling) just feels lazy. It takes away a lot of hours from the total time to finish a game. And again, as I mentioned many times :p for me, the experience seen in whole is much more immersive, and overall better If, there are mechanics or whatnot that force you of progressing/adventuring.
Things like Repairing and crafting at smiths.

Walking to town to stock up on supplies might not be as fun as slaying monsters in a dungeon, but it really adds to the experience, and IMO it fells much more immersive.

Things like, fast traveling, simple crafting system, looting everything you see, "no" penalty from dying etc all seem streamlined/casual to me. And hurts more than it help. Kind of the biggest reason I prefer Demon's to Dark, since I've to think more of what I'm doing, instead of just rushing to the next enemy and press the kill button.
Yes it can feel tedious to have to go through a map you've completed, grind for crafting material, spend time looking through you inventory etc. But (again Imo) these "boring" things are quite important in a hardcore game.

Started to ramble again, so sorry about that.

Last edited:

Parco

ah, finished the game and didnt even know that XD i never dropped a item so i never experienced what would happen to it, only time i dropped items were when i was visiting snuggly :p

Scarecrow

Insider
Another thing about warping. The Souls games aren't REALLY open world games. They aren't games where you go around exploring and witnessing events around the world, not like in real open world games (TES, Fallout, GTA etc). In games like that i much more enjoy going to locations myself, because there is so much to explore, and so much to see. It's much more limited in the Souls games. Yes, you can explore and happen upon hidden areas and such in the Souls games, but it really doesn't take long at all before you have discovered them all. Warping in the Souls games does not make me feel lazy at all, because going trough the exact same areas over and over and over gets tedious after a while. Of course its not a problem in the start of the game, but after 200+ hours of game time, I've really grown tired of it. This however has never been the case for me with real open world games, as mentioned above.

Reactions: Tom

Komuflage

Insider
Another thing about warping. The Souls games aren't REALLY open world games. They aren't games where you go around exploring and witnessing events around the world, not like in real open world games (TES, Fallout, GTA etc). In games like that i much more enjoy going to locations myself, because there is so much to explore, and so much to see. It's much more limited in the Souls games. Yes, you can explore and happen upon hidden areas and such in the Souls games, but it really doesn't take long at all before you have discovered them all. Warping in the Souls games does not make me feel lazy at all, because going trough the exact same areas over and over and over gets tedious after a while. Of course its not a problem in the start of the game, but after 200+ hours of game time, I've really grown tired of it. This however has never been the case for me with real open world games, as mentioned above.
But I think they made it perfect in Dark souls 1, were u unlocked warping mid-game, that way when you grow tired of running, you'd unlock fast travel.

BrecMadak

Insider
Still any fellas sticking SotFS (Scholars of the First Sin) edition?
If yes, we could communicate over anything about it.

Davidclaix

Hey there, neighboring Californians! Just wished to make known myself—I'm the happy owner of a recent drywall repair enterprise centered in coastal homes. 🏄‍♂️ Living by the ocean is a dream, but it can also take a burden on your walls. That's where we enter the picture! From fixing cracks and holes to making sure your walls are resilient against the salty air, my team and I have the knowledge to get the job done correctly. So if you're in demand of some drywall repairs that can withstand to California's coastal climate, give us a shout! Can't anticipate to assist you protect your slice of paradise. 🌴

Davidclaix

Hi community! Just desired to acquaint myself—I'm the happy owner of a fresh drywall repair enterprise specializing in coastal homes here in California. рџЊЉ Whether you're coping with deterioration from the salty air or just in required of some ordinary repairs, my team and I are here to help. We appreciate the distinct challenges that come with living by the ocean, and we're committed to delivering solutions that hold the test of time. So if you're a homeowner in demand of some drywall know-how, look no longer! Let's work together to keep those walls seeming their best. рџЏ

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.