Dark Souls II announced; PC version confirmed

Parco

there was a bonfire in sen's fortress:eek:? i died so many times there and had to do the level from start over and over again a countless of times XD

Komuflage

Insider
What is it about Sen's fortress that you guys find so difficult? There were 3 kinds of traps, all very easy to spot. (well 4 if you count the chest, which, most likely killed you the first time u opened it.)

Parco

I was running around in heavy armor and had no ranged attacks so i had no way of dealing with the magic casting snakes untill i was i their faces. And standing between those swinging axes and with balls of lightning constantly spammed at me and with the slow movement i had because of the armor it wasnt always easy, but after alot of tries and fails i removed my armor and did the whole level in one go. Having high mobility makes the fortress alot easier.

Komuflage

Insider
I was running around in heavy armor and had no ranged attacks so i had no way of dealing with the magic casting snakes untill i was i their faces. And standing between those swinging axes and with balls of lightning constantly spammed at me and with the slow movement i had because of the armor it wasnt always easy, but after alot of tries and fails i removed my armor and did the whole level in one go. Having high mobility makes the fortress alot easier.
Ah ok :p
Now not to be a total jerk, (only slightly) if you died a lot because u used heavy armour, then that's more of a player mistake/bad strategy, than the game being to difficult :p

BrecMadak

Insider
Good that Tom mentioned Sen's Fortress, there is a great pvp video that pass in that location, besides wonderfully done roleplaying with deliciously flavoured fights;

Tom

Insider
What is it about Sen's fortress that you guys find so difficult? There were 3 kinds of traps, all very easy to spot. (well 4 if you count the chest, which, most likely killed you the first time u opened it.)
You mean besides the pendulums that knocked you off and sent you to an insta-death fall? Or the ones that had enemies attack you while climbing? how about the giant you can't see on the rooftop, and keeps launching explosive boulders?

I rest my case.

The mimic is cruel because there's no way in hell that you can see it coming. And after that it leads to the horrible paranoia of attacking EVERY chest.

there was a bonfire in sen's fortress:eek:? i died so many times there and had to do the level from start over and over again a countless of times XD
My point EXACTLY. I had enough hardships with the thing even after I found the bonfire. Without it, like I said, I would've quit.

Parco

Ah ok :p
Now not to be a total jerk, (only slightly) if you died a lot because u used heavy armour, then that's more of a player mistake/bad strategy, than the game being to difficult :p
i know, but that wont stop me from trying anyway :p
The mimic is cruel because there's no way in hell that you can see it coming. And after that it leads to the horrible paranoia of attacking EVERY chest.
ever since the first mimic i encountered ive been hitting each chest just to be on the safe side, the game rly know how to make you paranoid:p

Scarecrow

Insider
Out of curiosity, was there any one here who applied for and got entry to the Dark Souls 2 Beta? I heard codes were getting distributed.

Also, those living in Europe, any idea of how we get the codes? I already downloaded the Beta Ticket. The ones in US randomly gets sent a message on their PS XMB. What about Europeans? Would be cool if anyone knew anything about this.

TheScythian

Insider
What about Europeans? Would be cool if anyone knew anything about this.
I received an email a couple of days ago saying I had been chosen for the Beta, in the email was a link to Sony's Beta site where I was given a code to redeem on PSN. I'm in the UK btw, hope this helps!

Scarecrow

Insider
I received an email a couple of days ago saying I had been chosen for the Beta, in the email was a link to Sony's Beta site where I was given a code to redeem on PSN. I'm in the UK btw, hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply mate. Yea, i started noticing yesterday that people were cheering about getting emails. Alas i was not selected. Maybe the next Beta.

Btw TheScythian, can you still play the Beta offline? I heard people in the U.S. got to play the offline as soon as they got it.

Parco

too bad the beta is exclusive to playstation 3, if it was also for pc or xbox i would have applied to it. lets just hope they make a proper pc port this time for the release.

TheScythian

Insider
Btw TheScythian, can you still play the Beta offline? I heard people in the U.S. got to play the offline as soon as they got it.
Not sure actually, by chance I happened to play it during the network test hours anyway. I'll try it offline tomorrow and see.

Tom

Insider
too bad the beta is exclusive to playstation 3, if it was also for pc or xbox i would have applied to it. lets just hope they make a proper pc port this time for the release.

They said that not only are they NOT using Windows Live anymore, but that they'll release the thing on the same level as the console version.

Tom

Insider
Can any1 who played the beta, answer whatever Item burden is back or not?
Oh god I hope not. They learned their lesson after Demon Souls, so it's all but guaranteed that it's done.

I also believe that the efficiency of your rolls is no longer weight-related. Could be wrong, though.

Komuflage

Insider
Oh god I hope not. They learned their lesson after Demon Souls, so it's all but guaranteed that it's done.

I also believe that the efficiency of your rolls is no longer weight-related. Could be wrong, though.
Learned their lesson? I want item burden back, the fact that you can just loot everything you find is stupid.

Scarecrow

Insider
Aren't we supposed to be able to warp around quite early in DS2? Dunno if i actually read that though, could be wrong. If however, we are able to warp around early, then i don't mind item burden that much. But if i have to backtrack a long way the second i find a new cool set, then it's just annoying. In general though, i'd still rather not have item burden, its quite the pain. Like when i found the Brushwood armor set in Demons Souls. I had to discard almost my entire backpack and a piece of my armor to be able to carry it all.

Tom

Insider
Learned their lesson? I want item burden back, the fact that you can just loot everything you find is stupid.
What's the fun in backtracking just to get one item you forgot?

Aren't we supposed to be able to warp around quite early in DS2? Dunno if i actually read that though, could be wrong.
You're right in that - warping will come early, so very little backtracking :)

Komuflage

Insider
Like when i found the Brushwood armor set in Demons Souls. I had to discard almost my entire backpack and a piece of my armor to be able to carry it all.
But that's the beauty of it, you have to balance the amount of items you bring with you, and the amount of items you want to be able to loot.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.