Buying into insiders / beta stream

Torxe

Hello everyone,

I only recently bought Exanima and fell in love with it, in particular with the combat mechanics and the atmosphere + lore. It reminds me a bit of Divine Divinity.

Now I'm kind of miffed that I can't buy into the insiders forum and beta stream any more.

I understand that there might be multiple reasons for this (for example exclusivity for kickstarter backers?), but I can't help but ask if there will be (perhaps in the future) a chance for people that only got to know this game at a later stage to buy into these priviliges? I've only been visiting these forums for a couple of days but already noticed some other people that'd be interested in this.

I didn't find anything denying this possibility in the FAQ lists I found, so I thought I'd ask.

yours sincerely,
Torxe

PS: keep up the good work ^^

Qazlal

I am not sure if this method works, but you have to buy the game directly from the devs on the store page of this site (10 GBP via PayPal). And then you'll get an account which you might update to the insider account (30 GBP more).
I say again: not sure if it works, I bought the game when it was on sale with SG.

Attachments

Torxe

Thx for the reply, to me it's worth the risk ^^. No hard feelings if it doesn't work. I didn't even know Sui Generis was for sale already

Qazlal

Thx for the reply, to me it's worth the risk ^^. No hard feelings if it doesn't work. I didn't even know Sui Generis was for sale already
In order to avoid further misunderstanding: about a year ago Sui Generis was selling on this site for 10 GBP. Those who bought it - get Exanima for free. I bought it just before this offer ended, so I get SG + E only for 10 GBP.
I am planning to donate twice or more to developers, when I do my personal credit card.
Exanima only worth twice more that the devs ask.

Torxe

I've succesfully bought the game (Exanima) and had to option to buy digital copies of the game (I assume SG)
of which I bought 1.

But I did not get the option to buy in into the insiders forum (I contributed 20GBP so far), I do seem to have access to the beta streams though. I'll test once I get home.

Here's a screenshot of my accounts page

Untitled.png

Thx for the help anyway.
I'm still hoping the option to buy into the Insiders forum comes available at a later time (I didn't get the steam key for exanima yet, prob still has to be loaded as it said in the mail). So if anyone has more info on this, please share :).

Qazlal

@Torxe, do you have an option to buy Digital Alpha (40 GBP) verson?
I guess it is what you are looking for, but you'd better wait for confimation from master.
I'd like to have access to insider forum as well.

Torxe

No sadly I don't have that option (see screenshot), maybe once the steam key is populated (which hasn't happend yet either, the mail spoke about giving it one hour (it's been a couple already).

There's also no reward tier filled in.

EDIT: I didn't send a mail to the support address mentioned on the account page yet.
Planning on doing that tommorrow

Last edited:

Hot Soup

No sadly I don't have that option (see screenshot), maybe once the steam key is populated (which hasn't happend yet either, the mail spoke about giving it one hour (it's been a couple already).

There's also no reward tier filled in.

EDIT: I didn't send a mail to the support address mentioned on the account page yet.
Planning on doing that tommorrow
Post results when they reply, please. I am also interested in this.

Elaxter

Insider
Insider struts in.

No, there is no way to buy into the beta or alpha program. If you bought Exanima after the offer ended, you're stuck with the mainline releases. The only way you could get future tiers and NOT be an insider is if you supported Exanima during the beta/alpha offers, and upgraded your account.

Sorry to burst yall's bubbles.

Torxe

Insider struts in.

No, there is no way to buy into the beta or alpha program. If you bought Exanima after the offer ended, you're stuck with the mainline releases. The only way you could get future tiers and NOT be an insider is if you supported Exanima during the beta/alpha offers, and upgraded your account.

Sorry to burst yall's bubbles.

Hi man, thx for your reply :)
Do you have a source for this?

PS:
Posts like these add nothing to this topic and without further comment can come across as offending. So I kindly ask you to refrain from these kind of posts. Nobody likes to be belittled.

Last edited:

Chase

Insider
Nobody likes to be belittled.
No offense was meant, it was just harmless banter. The whole "plebs" thing is rather common in this game's community and isn't meant to be demeaning.

If you really care about my opinion on the topic, I'll quote myself from another thread:
I would not be against allowing more recent fans to donate to BM in order to gain insider access, but I feel that many of them would be disappointed by the lack of secrets regarding Exanima and the current lack of any new Sui Generis info.

Sneil

Insider
Yeah, you're not missing much on the insider forums these days. Been awefully quite in there for quite some time now... Don't stress over it, you're not missing out on anything really atm.

Torxe

No offense was meant, it was just harmless banter. The whole "plebs" thing is rather common in this game's community and isn't meant to be demeaning.

If you really care about my opinion on the topic, I'll quote myself from another thread:
"I would not be against allowing more recent fans to donate to BM in order to gain insider access, but I feel that many of them would be disappointed by the lack of secrets regarding Exanima and the current lack of any new Sui Generis info."
Ok, no worries we're all friends now :) .

On your opinion in the matter:
While there may not be much (new) content, gaining access to the insider forums would mean that I at least am not missing out on any info that might come out. Also, it's an extra incentive to support the devs. I've bought exanima on steam + on this site + ordered an extra digital copy of the game (not even sure whether that's exanima or SG ^^). So I've supported them for close to €40 (roughly 32 GBP) and would be willing to pay the 40GBP required for the insider access (and graduate from the status of pleb if that's a solid reason ^^). If I spoil myself in the process that's my own problem, but I don't think I'll have that problem. I'm good at holding myself back, I mainly want to know more about the progression of the development.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Technically it is possible to get insider access, if a dev decides to give it to you for reasons. Pretty sure a few people were made insiders that didn't buy it at the funding period.

Torxe

Technically it is possible to get insider access, if a dev decides to give it to you for reasons. Pretty sure a few people were made insiders that didn't buy it at the funding period.
I know the devs from warframe gave people access to the dev forums(council) if they provide frequent and highly useful feedback. I suppose it's smthng along those lines? I'm mostly a lurker so I don't think that's a very realistic scenario. Thx for the info regardless.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.