Arena: Enemy healthbar after defeat?

J.G. Elmslie

Insider
Just one tiny little feature I'd love to see, I wonder if others feel the same

In the arenas - you fight, you lose.

Would a healthbar for the opponent that is only revealed after you die be something others would like?

I often find myself, lying on the floor, asking myself "how close was I? I'm sure I just needed that last hit to kill them." - and not knowing.

Opinions?

tiny lampe

Insider
Just one tiny little feature I'd love to see, I wonder if others feel the same

In the arenas - you fight, you lose.

Would a healthbar for the opponent that is only revealed after you die be something others would like?

I often find myself, lying on the floor, asking myself "how close was I? I'm sure I just needed that last hit to kill them." - and not knowing.

Opinions?
If anything, I'd honestly prefer the opponent to show (vs. not to show) signs of exhaustion as a visual cue he almost lost.

I never lilked health bars. And In fact I would love an option to hide my character's.

J.G. Elmslie

Insider
Oh, I absolutely agree for during combat etc. I dont want to know during the gameplay - and I would *love* to see signs of exhaustion, or injury - them to start really smooth and aggressive, catlike, almost, and as they get more battered, to stagger more.

It is, as I say, for after defeat (and only in the arena), rather than during the fight itself.
I'd love to have some sort of indicator that I had in fact, failed to hit them once. or that they were left with 1hp, and I was *sooo* close to beating them.

Scarecrow

Insider
I dont mind it too much, I just dont see it as necessary. You kind of get a feeling for it after a while, an estimate of about how much more you needed to take him down. Kind of like you said, "I'm sure I just needed that last hit to kill them." I don't think it would be difficult to add, but it might be a bit immersion breaking? I kind of like wondering and estimating it myelf.

Visual cues in the form of injuries or exhaustion would be the coolest though. I can't actually think of a game that does this right. Not of the top of my head at any rate.

J.G. Elmslie

Insider
You kind of get a feeling for it after a while, an estimate of about how much more you needed to take him down. Kind of like you said, "I'm sure I just needed that last hit to kill them."
that's exactly why I'd like to have that little confirmation - an indicator that my feeling is right, so to speak.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.