Advice for a noobtuber

RobG

Insider
Hi been enjoying doing my examina lets play however id quite like to progress in terms of video editing and giving things a slightly more polished feel.

Can anyone recommend (pref free) software with easy intuitive video editing capabilities (fade ins, video merges, adding extra audio this sort of stuff) bearing in mind I'm a total novice at this and don't want/need to do anything too fancy. I'm using open broadcast to record the footage and just uploading the raw files atm, cant really get my head around the editing tools it provides and the movies seem to end up in an incompatible format for youtube anyway when I try to edit on there.

Cheers!

Hemectu

Insider
In short... no. If you want "Easy" or a small learning curve you should spend a little money.

You can often find either Corel Video Studio or Sony Vegas Movie Studio on sale. It is a 1 time purchase that will last you forever in terms of production. I've tried both and prefer Sony Movie Studio over Corel. (Note NOT Sony Vegas as this is the $$$$$$ option).

Both Corel and Sony offer a 30 day free trial. These tools let you Easily do whatever you want. Including some advanced functions like rendering in 60 fps and at 4k by upsampling the render. Or just really basic stuff like adding a title, credits, sound track, and transitions.

Both options new are ~$50 but I've seen prior versions as low as $25.

The Rendered output file is the most important part of this software as it will impact quality, file size, and type.

Now for Free options:
Windows Movie Maker - relatively good video editing program but I find limited in functionality and file compatibility. Sometimes it works and sometimes its a massive pain.
VirtualDub - Free editor by the community. Really good editor but has a high learning curve. You'll need other programs to assist in the final render file such as "MeGUI" or "Handbrake" and for audio "Audacity" works wonderfully. I've used this combo of tools a lot.

If you want a very powerful Video Editor that will send you into a pool of turmoil and confusion but gives you professional tools - go here https://www.lwks.com/

There are more but I've not used them since I took the plunge and got Sony Movie Studio.
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/best-free-video-editing-software-9-top-programs-you-should-download-1136264/2

RobG

Insider
Thanks very much! I will probably follow your advice and spend a little money, I can see myself spending more time and having the channel as a bit of a hobby and, well we all spend money on our hobbies right! Thanks again, great info for me.

Hemectu

Insider
No problem. Whatever you decide take some time and read some tutorials. It's always more fun when you understand what tools you can use and how to use them, rather than going at it blind.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.